PP next year

brelic

So, just thinking in terms of losing Schenn on the top PP, how will the units look next year?

You know what? They could be very dynamic!

PP 1 - Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Weal, Ghost

PP 2 - Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Provorov, MacDud or Sanheim or Hagg or Raffl?

A very green second unit, but you know what? A line with a high level of skill under development. 

I think it would really depend if the new coach sets up the power play the same with the O starting with G on the half wall or wants more play coming from down low.  I think that Filpulla plays on the 2pp.  Somebody needs to be able to take a faceoff and I don't think Patrick will have that roll in his rookie year. 

I would actually consider putting Jake where Schenn was and then put Provorov in his old spot and play with 2 d.  I like Provorov's ability to get pucks through.   

4 hours ago, brelic said:

So, just thinking in terms of losing Schenn on the top PP, how will the units look next year?

You know what? They could be very dynamic!

PP 1 - Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Weal, Ghost

PP 2 - Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Provorov, MacDud or Sanheim or Hagg or Raffl?

A very green second unit, but you know what? A line with a high level of skill under development. 

I'm not sure Weal makes the 1st. It's possible of course, but he'll have to earn it. I imagine whoever ends up on Giroux's wing at 5s will have the inside track to start. 

also, you mentioned MacDud. I just wanted to point out the error of your ways. 

3 hours ago, brelic said:

it would be good to get Patrick some experience there too

Completely agree - just don't know about being the faceoff man. 

PP2 could be: Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Filpulla, Sanhiem/TBA.  The problem with is though is that I don't think there are any right shots so I don't know who plays the left point for a onetimer unless they just don't set up that way.

Obviously a very young PP2 so I would prefer 2 d but just don't know if they will have the guys to be able to run that way.  If not then Provorov drops to PP2 and have PP1 stay with the 4 forwards and 1 d composition.   

7 minutes ago, darthbal said:

What is Weal is not with the Flyers come July 1st????

Looks like there is a lot of interest in him around the league...

http://www.tsn.ca/pending-ufa-weal-expected-to-visit-canucks-1.789123

Well, if someone wants to overpay for him, so be it. He's 25, and I'm not sure there's a ton of room for improvement at his age. 

We'll I guess.

Archived