27 Game Suspension for Austin Watson

hf101

• hf101 changed the title to 27 Game Suspension for Austin Watson
2 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

You mean Austin Watson?  You might want to change that headline for the thread.  Just a TAD bit misleading...

Geez what was I thinking... Thanks

Here's the thing: we don't really know what happened. I read an article that said he shoved her in public, and the police had to charge him with so many witnesses, even though his wife (gf?) didn't want to press charges. Look, he did a really stupid thing. Don't hurt anyone, especially the women you care about. I think he deserves to sit for a bit, and if the NHL thinks 27 games is what it takes, I'm fine with that.

Not sure if there is a thread for this, but we need to not compare the Slava Voynov thing to this. Watson (allegedly) shoved his wife, she tripped, and fell to the ground. No bruises, no broken bones, not scars. I am by no means saying that that is acceptable, but Voynov almost killed his wife... He should be out of this country for good, not just not allowed to play in the NHL.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:57 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Is it just me or is the 27-game figure seem a bit random / strange?  I'm not saying its not deserved, it certainly is...

Maybe they were going for 1/3 of a season? 

Archived