How soon before the new GM trades for a goalie, center and defense.

RonJeremy

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't do Sanheim for Nylander. Sorry. 

6 has been the best player on our blue line this year, and he's only going to get better. 

Toronto will be getting the better player longterm IMO.

I agree Sanheim has been quite good. I actually find Gudas has been very good as well. They’ve been the best pairing this season imo, especially of late. 

You know, part of me would consider trading Ghost too. I mean, he’s clearly skilled, but his tricks on the pp have waned considerably at this point. He would fetch more value than Sanheim right now, and i honestly think the two could end up with pretty similar offensive numbers (if they weren’t competing for ice time on the same team anyway). 

So be clear, i’m not saying i would for sure do it for Nylander. I’m mostly saying that i’d quite possibly look to trade Ghost over Sanheim at this point. I think he would get us something very nice, and I think Sanheim could step in his shoes nicely. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, brelic said:

I think Sanheim is what they would prefer. They already have a better version of Ghost, and Sanheim will be much cheaper to resign this offseason because he hasn't earned himself a big payday.

Ghost has a pretty reasonable contract, though.  I think he'd be deadly in that offense.  He and Rielly on the blueline?  Yikes.

If you trade Sanheim, call up Myers.

For sure.

I'm way more nervous with Holmgren holding the trigger because anything goes with him. And it usually results in overpaying, over-committing, or both.

Indeed.  He might offer Nylander a bazillion dollars.  Scary thought.

4 hours ago, vis said:

Sanheim? 

Oh i'm sure.

And Hextall was reluctant and i can't blame him for not wanting to trade the 1st ever pick he ever made.

Sanheim is also Ron's second cousin too let's not forget.

Archived