Wild vs. Les Habitants 12/11/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

Yeah I love them. Anyways on a non hockey related note my brothers GF has an old 2010 Macbook Pro that she hasn't used for a couple of years I guess because it stopped working. It wouldn't boot and would just go to a flashing screen with a ? on it. She had pictures and other things on there that I guess she wanted off but had come to terms with losing them. My brother basically said the hard drive was probably bad. Anyways I take a look and was able to get it to boot albeit from a USB enclosure, I think the internal sata cable is faulty. I got what she wanted off of it but noticed the whole time that the screen was flashing red. So her background image is the one with the mountains and part of the mountains were flashing red the whole time and then while I was copying pictures over to a flash driive about 15 minutes in the fan started to rev up and get really loud, she said it had been doing that when it was working and then all of a sudden the whole screen went red for like 15 seconds before going back to what it was. Anyways I am just wondering if it's maybe a driver issue or something more major as my brother wants me to upgrade it if possible SSD, 8/16 GB ram etc. Which is fine but if there is potentially a GPU issue or somthing else then I don't want to throw money at it. So just wondering if you had any ideas off the top of your head on what the red screen flickering could be. 

Well when the fans are running like that, I would be resetting the NVRAM: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

And then for good measure, resetting the SMC wouldn't be a bad idea either: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

The Mac definitely sounds like it's on borrowed time. When you get the dreaded file folder with the flashing question mark upon start up, you're pretty much looking at a hard drive replacement at the greatest and an erase and reinstall at the minimum. But since you got what she wanted off of the Mac, I would put into recovery mode and erase the Mac so if you have to recycle it, all personal info is off of it.

Just now, Megawild said:

To go from QB coach to failed OC to HC?   Yeah... ummmm... no.

Did he really fail? The Vikings were doing alright up until Zimmer started calling for more of a running game. 

They had a WR tie an NFL record for 100 yard games, his counterpart right up there... The passing game was storming while the running game couldn't even manage 2.5 yards per carry... And the head coach calls for more of a running game? That's mornic (and up until 4 weeks ago I loved Zimmer as head coach. Since then I've wondered if he's out of his mind.

Trust me, before the Vikings hired Defilippo as OC his name was being mentioned by other teams.

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

Did he really fail? The Vikings were doing alright up until Zimmer started calling for more of a running game. 

They had a WR tie an NFL record for 100 yard games, his counterpart right up there... The passing game was storming while the running game couldn't even manage 2.5 yards per carry... And the head coach calls for more of a running game? That's mornic (and up until 4 weeks ago I loved Zimmer as head coach. Since then I've wondered if he's out of his mind.

Trust me, before the Vikings hired Defilippo as OC his name was being mentioned by other teams.

Oh I know and Zimzam has his issues.     I have a feeling his and speelburgs seats are getting warm.

I still doubt it though...  But flavor of the week is flavor of the week.   I have a feeling that there was more than his input that made the Eagles great last year.   

10 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

I like the Murphys cover of AC/DC's Long Way to the Top.

Ok I will just say I am sorry and send you into a rabbit hole MNSOTA.   These two are a ton of fun, and yes you can find some DIO in there and much more that you'd appreciate...  Lost in Vegas.

Archived