Game 31: Flyers at Canucks; 12/15 @ 10

Howie58

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It seems that the PP has not only issues in Philly but for the Phantoms too.

Phantoms went 0 for 5 on the PP last night facing the AHL's 30th ranked PK...oh and gave up 2 shorties to boot losing 5-2 giving up a empty netter too.

Haven't seen any of their games, do they also have a 25 pass minimum before taking a shot on the PP like their parent club?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Haven't seen any of their games, do they also have a 25 pass minimum before taking a shot on the PP like their parent club?

They were playing well but injuries and call ups haven't helped.

Rubtsov out for the season and Vorobyev is hurt.

Their top center Varone is up on the big team.

And some of the kids are still going to adjustment period of welcome to the pros.

At least they have Hart to hold them in games.

This has to be it for Hakstol, right?

(How many times have we said this?)

In any event, it's clear the players are looking for answers and it's clear the coaches don't have any.

I'm sure the expectation that a trade could happen any minute is weighing heavily on the players as well.  Probably making them even more fragile than normal.

If Stolarz is out for an extended period of time, do you bring up Carter Hart?  Honestly, I'd say to leave him in the AHL to avoid exposing him to this debacle.  The season doesn't need saving.  It needs to be put out of its misery.  Maybe bring him up at the tail end of the season.  I smell a goalie trade coming... 

Jake said the other day that it's getting tiresome having to say they played well and deserved better.  I think his definition of "playing well" needs to be adjusted.  And maybe that's the problem.  I wonder if the staff and the players don't hold themselves to a high enough level.

Also, if they fire Hakstol this week, who replaces him at this point?  

Rumors were that Quenneville was waiting until after the holidays.

I don't know.  I kind of think firing Hakstol now poses some challenges if Q is the guy they really want.

24 minutes ago, vis said:

This has to be it for Hakstol, right?

(How many times have we said this?)

In any event, it's clear the players are looking for answers and it's clear the coaches don't have any.

I'm sure the expectation that a trade could happen any minute is weighing heavily on the players as well.  Probably making them even more fragile than normal.

If Stolarz is out for an extended period of time, do you bring up Carter Hart?  Honestly, I'd say to leave him in the AHL to avoid exposing him to this debacle.  The season doesn't need saving.  It needs to be put out of its misery.  Maybe bring him up at the tail end of the season.  I smell a goalie trade coming... 

Jake said the other day that it's getting tiresome having to say they played well and deserved better.  I think his definition of "playing well" needs to be adjusted.  And maybe that's the problem.  I wonder if the staff and the players don't hold themselves to a high enough level.

I think Neuvy starts vs. Wings he only went back to be with his wife as they give birth to their 2nd child.

However he will be hurt by the start of the 3rd period and Lyon will be back un goal.

Archived