Wild vs. Penguins 12/31/18 @ 5:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Lordy.. nice D, Suter. Not even a lazy stick wave from #20 there.

I take that back: just saw the replay, and Suter did indeed do one lazy stick wave in "defense".. keep up the great work. 🙄

I just never understand the Suter love.  The guy can have some continuous gaffes (the pass through him), and all Dumb and Dumber talk about is what a 'great pass by Kessel,'  That pass is made by high schoolers all the time.  Then, Suter tips a goal in that Dubnyk had tracked.  I just don't see the 'Top defensemen class in the NHL' position of many.  To me, he is just decent in his best games.....and then below par in certain games.

The girl toy and I (on Wednesday nights) go to Southbrook Golf Club and play free bingo. We've won MANY free entree's, appetizers and about a dozen free drinks. That's where we're going for supper :CelebratingSmiley: 

We have to use them up by the end of the evening. This isn't easy since she's a type II diabetic and doesn't drink. I drive so I never drink... sob

The plan is to give away lots of free drinks to others :frantics:

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I just never understand the Suter love.  The guy can have some continuous gaffes (the pass through him), and all Dumb and Dumber talk about is what a 'great pass by Kessel,'  That pass is made by high schoolers all the time.  Then, Suter tips a goal in that Dubnyk had tracked.  I just don't see the 'Top defensemen class in the NHL' position of many.  To me, he is just decent in his best games.....and then below par in certain games.

It just goes to show everyone how good Shea Weber is. He and Suter were the top NHL defensive pairing and ever since the Wild acquired him they've tried convincing how great Suter is as an offensive defensemen, even though it was all on Shea Weber. Since Day 1 here Suter looked lost on the PP and isn't anything more than a lock-down defensive defensemen. Expecting him to be converted to anything more than that has been a failed experiment drawing him further and further away from his greatest assets on D.

6 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

The plan is to give away lots of free drinks to others 

NOW ya tell us.. too far for me to drive on Amateur Night to relieve ya of some..

I still think DeSmith is looking shaky on rebound control: not ready to write this game off yet for the good guys.

14 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I just don't see the 'Top defensemen class in the NHL' position of many.  To me, he is just decent in his best games.....and then below par in certain games.

Nail on head. If Suter wore #41, I'd swear it was Martin Skoula out there.

Suter has all the talent in the world, but is too damn lazy to put it to consistent use. Very aggravating (and not good for the blood pressure, either)

4 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Nail on head. If Suter wore #41, I'd swear it was Martin Skoula out there.

Suter has all the talent in the world, but is too damn lazy to put it to consistent use. Very aggravating (and not good for the blood pressure, either)

As someone who grew up in a very rural area (of my class of 29, only 4 of us lived in town), there's nothing that annoys me more than when Suter is referred to as a "farm boy." Really, I highly doubt ol' Ryan was cleaning **** out of the barn or bailing hay.

2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Really, I highly doubt ol' Ryan was cleaning **** out of the barn or bailing hay.

I can picture the conversation now:

MNSOTA: OK, Suter, if you're really a farm boy, what's a manure spreader?

Suter: Uhhhhh... my agent during contract negotiations??

Archived