Coyotes to Move to Houston

2 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

Can anyone confirm that the Coyotes might be moving to Houston. I have heard a lot of rumors about it.

There was a lot of talk back in December and some thought that that might be why they were slated for the Central division with the Seattle expansion. Some rumor that the Rockdts owner wanted to bring them to Houston. 

Still possible, but I haven't heard anything more recently than early December. 

I know that the Aeros of the WHA played there back in Gordie Howe's playing days, but why are they pushing for a hockey team in a big city in south Texas? I think the NHL is setting itself up for failure there.

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I know that the Aeros of the WHA played there back in Gordie Howe's playing days, but why are they pushing for a hockey team in a big city in south Texas? I think the NHL is setting itself up for failure there.

Possibly, but probably not worse than Arizona. If the arena the Rockets play in can convert for hockey, they'll have a home and a vastly bigger population (to ignore them). 

I haven't heard anything but I would love it, the Aeros should have stuck around long enough to make it to the NHL when the 'merger' between the two leagues occurred back in 79-80. They had a good run with an AHL club there a decade or so ago mosly as the Wild affiliate before the Wild wanted their AHL club to play in a corn field somewhere in Iowa so they could be closer to home. It couldn't be any worse than Phoenix/Flagstaff/Glendale/Glenda the good witch/Wichita or wherever the Coyotes are lost in the desert now.

Archived