Minnesota Wild @ Calgary Flames, Saturday 3-2-19, 9:00pm, Scotiabank Saddledome

MNSOTA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I was totally falling asleep earlier but once the game started I wasn't as bad and I also turned on some Music Metal, Rock, Bagpipes etc to keep me awake especially during the intermissions.

Young Players Lead Wild to 4-2 Win Over Calgary

Not the prettiest game, and in parts the Wild looked kind of careless.  Yet as bad as we were, the Flames were equally reckless and Minnesota was able to take advantage of a big mistake by Smith.  Then a few soft goals and Minnesota get another big road win.  Donato keeps pulling the trigger and while it was a soft goal, the willingness to just hammer it is so refreshing.  Eriksson Ek has been fantastic and I thought Greenway was also tremendous this evening.  Lots of hustle, little plays that turned into big plays.  3rd and 4th lines got a lot of shifts in the 3rd period...and that's a credit to their hard work.  Brown, Fehr and Foligno...played well IMO.  Giant win.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and a ton of prospect updates.  

59 minutes ago, 63firebird said:

As much as I would love that, goon hockey will play into the flames hands. 

Not goon hockey I'm talking about standing up for a teammate that may have been injured because of a cheap shot. If you aren't going to fight, make them pay on the score board. It's a slippery slope but you let the other team take too many cheap shots and your top players will get injured. 

Dumba hits a guy cleanly and has to pay for it with two cheap shots until he is injured. Kunin hits a guy cleanly and then gets a cheap shot from the other team and was temporarily injured. No retribution for either, and no real prevention from other teams committing similar cheap shots against them in the future.

20 hours ago, Starofthenorth said:

Not goon hockey I'm talking about standing up for a teammate that may have been injured because of a cheap shot. If you aren't going to fight, make them pay on the score board. It's a slippery slope but you let the other team take too many cheap shots and your top players will get injured. 

Dumba hits a guy cleanly and has to pay for it with two cheap shots until he is injured. Kunin hits a guy cleanly and then gets a cheap shot from the other team and was temporarily injured. No retribution for either, and no real prevention from other teams committing similar cheap shots against them in the future.

I agree with you totally. Problem is when you have a players like Staal,Kunin,Suter,Parise,Spurgeon,Brodin,Zucker,Donato etc....who is going to jump in if those guys are on the ice during a cheap shot?

with the speed of the game against Calgary or Jets you throw foligno to settle up and you end up with a turtle and an instigator and a goal down.  

Teams like jets and flames will police EVERY line. Touch Gaudreau, guys were all over Pateryn.

run Kunin, Dumba or anyone else? Nothing. 

Plus Foligno is one of our better players all season. I'd rather have him On the ice than off for 5.

We need someone with "The Look". Stewart had it, Booguard definitely and Foligno somewhat where that certain player on the other team F'd Up and know something's going to have to happen now. :nonono:

Archived