Wild vs. Coyotes 11/14/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

5 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Not sure. Really unimpressed with the Wild youth movement. None of them show anything special. Are they just not that good or are the vets exerting their preferences?

I would say it is 2/3 the former and 1/3 the latter.  Just my gut.  I also know that players certainly thrive or collapse when they start to get special teams time (PP or PK).  You tend to really find out what you have.

I had been wondering whatever happened to Aaron Ness from Roseau until last game against Yotes.  Wonder if he will finally stick in the NHL at 29.  He was really good many years ago, but I don't know if accelerating up like he did in HS was such a great idea (he was small and not yet physical enough)

I saw that Matt Boldy has 1 pt in 9 game for BC.  Why does it take SO long for our prospects to develop at may lower levels?  Scouting is CLEARLY an issue.  We also bring the wrong players up too soon, and leave others down until their beard grays out.

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

I saw that Matt Boldy has 1 pt in 9 game for BC.  Why does it take SO long for our prospects to develop at may lower levels?  Scouting is CLEARLY an issue.  We also bring the wrong players up too soon, and leave others down until their beard grays out.

Aaron Pronman has a chat Q&A on the Athletic today. Someone asked him about Boldy. He didn’t seem too concerned, since he said a lot of the other stuff he is doing is really good. If he is still relatively pointless in March, then there might be some concern...

Hartman was a solid pickup.  He also give a $hit, which you can't say about everybody.  He IS a hockey player.  Not sure about 9, 11, and 20 anymore.  They remind me of Dorn from the movie Major League.  They are all about investments, attire, keeping their teeth, and their primary TOI - no concern for trophies or Cup glory.

• Like 1