Andrew Ference Boarding Hit on Ryan McDonagh

Guest Digityman

Was Ryan McDonagh injured? Just kidding. Watching that hit in live, I gasped and thought oh no. The way he went in the boards I was thinking man hope he does not have a neck / spine injury.

The play with Halpern last year has to creep into the minds of the NHL. Complete different than this play, yet an undercurrent of deliberate intent to take out a player in both instances. I would give him a game just to wisen up.

Bruins' Ference to have hearing on Sunday

Boston Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference will have a telephone hearing Sunday morning with the NHL Department of Player Safety regarding his hit against Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh in overtime of Saturday's game.

Ference was assessed a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct, giving the Rangers a power play for the final 3:10 of overtime. New York's Marian Gaborik scored with 3.6 seconds left in OT to give the Rangers a 3-2 victory and sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference.