Brian Elliot To Return on One Year Deal

elliot.jpg.7abdf2e882cdc9e2c1072f694ba89b05.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/brian-elliott-re-signs-with-flyers-on-one-year-deal-turns-down-chance-to-become-free-agent/ar-BB19Fuql?ocid=uxbndlbing

$1.5M for the year.

According to the above link, Elliot may have Carter Hart to thank for his stay with the Flyers.
Hart really seems to like him as a mentor.

What do the O and B faithful think?
I think the Flyers could have done better with another backup.....some real good options would have been available.
However, when it comes to keeping your starting netminder happy, I guess you can't really put a price on that.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

The safe cheaper.

Move i can see doing this for one more year.

I would have preferred to see if Griess was an option.

When I said "better options" available, I too was thinking Greiss....but also Dell and Khudobin.

But if Hart feels "centered" having Elliot back, hard to argue with that....although I can see Flyers' fans cringing whenever Hart needs a night off. 😄

16 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

When I said "better options" available, I too was thinking Greiss....but also Dell and Khudobin.

But if Hart feels "centered" having Elliot back, hard to argue with that....although I can see Flyers' fans cringing whenever Hart needs a night off. 😄

Khudobin is about to make bank somewhere on a short deal.

Dell would have been a nice cheap option.

But Chuckles went with the safe move for stability with Hart i get it.

I give him one more year then there has to be another option.

Ustimenko by then maybe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I give him one more year then there has to be another option

Howdy:

I have to agree this was the safe move and under budget constraints, may reflect necessity or a desire to spend cap on where the brains trust think it matters.  From that vantage, every million saved might mean space for a forward we need to juice up scoring and/or a Braun replacement or RFA gig. 

The "embedded risk" is injury to either Elliot or Hart.  The contract Lyon received (1-year + a $50K pay cut) doesn't inspire confidence in him as a sound #3.  But, I can live with this deal.  The organization and Hart like the Moose.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Howdy:

I have to agree this was the safe move and under budget constraints, may reflect necessity or a desire to spend cap on where the brains trust think it matters.  From that vantage, every million saved might mean space for a forward we need to juice up scoring and/or a Braun replacement or RFA gig. 

The "embedded risk" is injury to either Elliot or Hart.  The contract Lyon received (1-year + a $50K pay cut) doesn't inspire confidence in him as a sound #3.  But, I can live with this deal.  The organization and Hart like the Moose.  

Where is Anthony Stolarz when you need him...

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Where is Anthony Stolarz when you need him...

He's with Anaheim. Played 39 games with their AHL franchise and one game with the parent last year. Numbers weren't bad.  Trading him for Talbot was not a wise move, said with 20/20 hindsight.  But I recall fears with his knee issue, etc.  Now we forge on and hope one of our youngins pans out.  Fletcher sees three years with the current cap. It sounds like a new version of the K-Mart Blue Light Special.....

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man are we showing our age knowing what that is....i wonder how many here even know that is...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=blue+light+special+kmart#id=1&vid=115f7049fcdda1b612903553044c6a84&action=click

This is techie version, Sir Occ...couldn't find the real deal from ages ago.  I guess Amazon and Prime Day are an online update.  

• Haha 1