Nhl tentative divisions for 2021 season

yave1964

The Board of Governors are currently meeting...more after that, but here are the important dates for the coming season...
 Key Dates.. !!!
12/28/20- Waiver Period Begons
12/29/20- Non Playoff Teams Open Camp
1/3/21- All Camps Open
1/13/21- NHL Season Begins
2/1/21- Teams can start asking players to waive their NMC for Expansion Draft

4/12/21- NHL Trade Deadline....FUN FOR US!
5/8/21- NHL Season Ends
5/11/21- Playoffs Start
7/15/21- Last Day Playoffs can End
24 Hours After the Cup is won Teams can begin to buyout players
7/21/21- The Expansion Draft for Seattle Team
7/22,23/21 The NHL Draft
7/28/21- UFA DAY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Capitals and Devils unveil helmet advertisements for the 2021 NHL season

Sportsnet NHL insider Elliotte Friedman reported a few weeks back that the NHL is "investigating possibility of selling ads on players' helmets" as a way to generate income during a season in which it looks like they will have no ticket revenue.

main_resized_730x380_5fe246cc4aec3_350708.jpg

• Annoyed 1

8 hours ago, intheslot said:

Capitals and Devils unveil helmet advertisements for the 2021 NHL season

Sportsnet NHL insider Elliotte Friedman reported a few weeks back that the NHL is "investigating possibility of selling ads on players' helmets" as a way to generate income during a season in which it looks like they will have no ticket revenue.

main_resized_730x380_5fe246cc4aec3_350708.jpg

I stopped watching baseball due to the obscene amount of distracting advertisements, most notably behind home plate. I'll do the same with hockey if they go this route because I know they'll never go back if they do this. 

I know that sports leagues count on the "sliding generational scale of constant decline" to be able to gradually implement any obscene change they want. It's the frog in boiling water analogy. The NHL will continue to add more and more advertisements until the player uniforms, benches, ice, stands, and everything is 100% saturated. Every second of every game will be constant advertisements. That's the end goal and the NHL will move there over time, counting on each new generation of fans to accept TODAY as their baseline of what is "normal" and "acceptable" (no matter how many ads are shown whenever TODAY happens to be) and then they'll push forward from there.