NHL NORTHERN DIVISION PREDICTIONS SURE TO GO WRONG

yave1964

Moving north to Canada to take a stab at it.

7) JETS. I see the defense being awful, Laine/Roslovic being distracions and aging vets starting to show their age. Hellboy canot save them this time.

6) SENATORS Truthfully I almost placed them at 5 as they had the leagues best offseason. Almost not quite ready.

5) FLAMES A lot of folks are higher on them, I think they implode this year and have to trade Gaudreau either by the deadline or more likely in the offseason

4) CANUCKS Solid everywhere. Pettersson took a step back last year, if he improves they could be higher.

3) CANADIENS Like Ottawa they went out and filled a ton of holes, Allen paired with Price gives Price the breather he will need in the shortened schedule.

2) OILERS added fprward depth, defense should be sound, the only question again is mediocre goaltending.

1) LEAFS no Boston. No Tampa. No problem. They should steamroll this division easily.

LEAFS OVER CANUCKS

OILERS OVER LEAFS

OILERS OVER LEAFS IN SIX. McDavid/Draisatl too much for Leafs defense in the second round.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 10:37 AM, yave1964 said:

1) LEAFS no Boston. No Tampa. No problem. They should steamroll this division easily.

My thoughts exactly.  I don't think any of the other Canadian teams pose a problem for the Leafs.  The only problem facing the Leafs is from within.  Can they shed a loser's mentality and learn to handle prosperity? 

Bold predictions:

Montréal will easily win the division ahead of the Leafs but Habs will choke in the playoffs.

If Vancouver and Edmonton are pursuing their respective trends, no playoffs for them.

Sens won't finish last.

• 2 weeks later...