This and that, Isles goalies shine and Flames are the biggest babies in Hockey

yave1964

The goalie desperate Senators turned to rookie Filip Gustafsson who had a Hellof a debut, beating the Flames 2-1. As the game came to a close Rasmus Andersson picked up the puck preventing Brady Tkachuk from gathering it in for the rookie tender. Some yelling occured, Andersson flipped the puck to the ice. To keep younger brother Brady from gathering in the puck, older brother Matthew fired the puck away from him as Noah Hanifin had words with Brady. 

Screw Calgary. It was a feel good story the kid deserved the puck, it is a ritual, gathering in the puck for a first goal, for a first win, and the crybaby Flames once again made asses of themselves. I truly cannot stand the team, without hesitation when asked who my least favorite club in the NHL is every time I say the Flames. The Country club entitlement mentality that permeates the organization is ruinous for the team. That smell out west from Calgary is the sense of apathy and a bunch of losers. This is just another example on top of the mountain of examples that will never go away with this current core of players.

The Isles goaltending, last night Ilya Sorokin was amazing in a 2-1 overtime win over the Flyers, he is now 8-2-1 with a 1.97 goals against. The other Russian in net, Varlamov is 13-6-3 with a 2.17 goals against. 

They may be the first team EVER to have one goalie nominated for the Vezina and ANOTHER nominated for the Calder. I doubt either will win because they eat into each others total stats but damn the Isles have the something really special in net.

On the other hand more and more people are calling for the head of Freddie Andersen in Toronto and wanting long lasting journeyman Jack Campbell to be anointed the starter. I believe that would be a huge mistake, Campbell is solid in a limited role but ask too much you will be in for a letdown. This is a make or break year for Andersen, his last in Toronto as he is an UFA as he is literally playing for his supper and his next contract.  A hungry Andersen come postseason is the Leafs best bet.

Edited by yave1964

• yave1964 changed the title to This and that, Isles goalies shine and Flames are the biggest babies in Hockey
1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

To keep younger brother Brady from gathering in the puck, older brother Matthew fired the puck away from him as Noah Hanifin had words with Brady. 

What a d******d move by the Flames. Seriously .... it is a freaking puck for goodness sake.  (Shaking my head)

• Like 1