MANTHA TO THE CAPS!!

yave1964

Massive shakeup in Motown

Anthony Mantha was traded today to the Caps for a HUUUUUUGE haul. Jakub Vrana, a talented scoring winger, Richard Panik, an okay servicable middle six winger and a first rounder this year and a second next.

Man there are no words to say how much I love this trade and I love Mantha and hate to see him go. I posted in here about how I didnt see most of our tradebait adding more than a third or fourth rounder, in this deal, we move a talented Mantha for a talented Vrana and add a first this year and second next year. 

Nantha can flat out score but does not backcheck or play anything resembling defense which has driven Blashill absolutely nuts. In that regard he will fit in perfect with the Capitals who score in bunches but just make a passive swing of the stick at the other guys as they go back towards the capitals goal. 

Love the futures in this. Love it love it love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Massive shakeup in Motown

Anthony Mantha was traded today to the Caps for a HUUUUUUGE haul. Jakub Vrana, a talented scoring winger, Richard Panik, an okay servicable middle six winger and a first rounder this year and a second next.

Man there are no words to say how much I love this trade and I love Mantha and hate to see him go. I posted in here about how I didnt see most of our tradebait adding more than a third or fourth rounder, in this deal, we move a talented Mantha for a talented Vrana and add a first this year and second next year. 

Nantha can flat out score but does not backcheck or play anything resembling defense which has driven Blashill absolutely nuts. In that regard he will fit in perfect with the Capitals who score in bunches but just make a passive swing of the stick at the other guys as they go back towards the capitals goal. 

Love the futures in this. Love it love it love it.

I've owned Vrana in my keeper since I drafted him as a 17 year old. He's a special player in my opinion. The Caps did a good job developing him. I think he's a good young pro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I've owned Vrana in my keeper since I drafted him as a 17 year old. He's a special player in my opinion. The Caps did a good job developing him. I think he's a good young pro.

Didn't even know you played fantasy.

We have an active 14 team keep 5 league and an active tiered one year league. You should throw your name in the hat sometime and join up

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

@J0e Th0rnton beat me to it, we have a couple of fantasy leagues in here that are a ton of fun would love to have you join us

• Like 2

@yave1964

Oh you KNOW I like this deal!!

I have no ill will toward Mantha and wish him well, and with the extra talent on the Caps, I expect that he will improve on his accomplishments here. And if he does, I think it will be the talent and style of play that will make the difference, not so much the coaching, even though many will try to blame Blashill.

But this is a great idea to give us more building potential while not sacrificing much for the immediate future.

Now we’ve just gotta make some of these picks be winners!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@yave1964

As a follow up, the more Anthony Mantha continues to play similarly to how he did while a Red Wing (or worse), and with the way Vrana played this year after the trade the more these two things are true:

1. I love this deal more and MORE! I liked it from the start, and I love it now even more than I did! Stevie is a mensch! He’s just gotta make sure we ink Vrana for a deal now.

2. This is yet another example which should check Blashill critics. The best indicator that your coach isn’t effective is when players leave and then flourish. This is especially true if the surrounding talent is near or less than the same level they had on the coach’s team. In this case, the surrounding talent is INARGUABLY MUCH higher for Mantha now as compared to when he was with the Red Wings. And now, he is pedestrian. And this is playoff hockey—when it counts!

The continued lackluster performance of the PP remains Blashill’s thorn in the side, and I am DARN sure that Stevie let him know in no uncertain terms that if Blash intends to coach the Wings beyond the terms of this extension that the PP had better show seeeegnificant improvement. I think he has this one last offensive coordinator/coach appointment to get that done or he will be gone. I certainly think that the addition of puck-moving D-men like Seider SHOULD help in this regard. 

Having said that, the Mantha deal, so far, is providing further evidence that the performance of the team may have less to do with Blashill and more to do with the talent and effort level of the players he has been given than many of his critics have wanted to admit. 

Edited by SpikeDDS
  • Like 1