Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues, Wednesday 4-28-21, 6pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

IF this was our first game of a playoff series with the Blues, I would say we will go FAR.  I would love to set a blueprint for our needed play against the Blues over the next several games.  Leave them with NO answers 

This post aged well1044706509_Pissedoff.jpg.f9c157c53b6043f883724926504f909c.jpg

• Haha 1

30 minutes of really good play gets you nothing.
Tonight proves we don't have the killer instinct to put games away. 3rd period proved that.
No PK, Sitting back protecting, Getting outplayed.
Tonight is why we may win 1 game in round 1. 

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

wtf.....Brodin had too much pressure on him

Bounces were all Blues in the 3rd, Even the tying goal was a flukey one but was coming by their pressure.

Edited by ClusterChuck

51 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Lost our edge in the third.  A good lesson for this team.  You CANNOT sleep/coast against a team like the Blues....

That is true. It is a tough playoffs team for any team in our division. Avalanche lost 2 games in a row and now we did. Like I said before - I will be happy if the Wild will win 3 out of 5 games against Blues. We lost 1 now, means we need to win 3 out of 4 games against them just to show how we prepared for the playoffs competition. 

Edited by Alexandron

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

And now we have to hope Kahkonen shuts the door tomorrow night. 🤪

I think Talbot is going to play again as well as Binnington to pretend on playing a real playoffs game for both teams. All our lines must to produce as much as possible, but not only 14-17-18 line. Binnington was good  enough against us by stopping 26 out of 29 shots to get a win in that game. Currently we lost 3 games out of 4 against Blues. We need at least 3 wins in the next 4 games to equalize our play this season. We must to put more efforts against this team than we did this season, especially on our home ice.

11 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I think Talbot is going to play again as well as Binnington to pretend on playing a real playoffs game for both teams. All our lines must to produce as much as possible, but not only 14-17-18 line. Binnington was good  enough against us by stopping 26 out of 29 shots to get a win in that game. Currently we lost 3 games out of 4 against Blues. We need at least 3 wins in the next 4 games to equalize our play this season. We must to put more efforts against this team than we did this season, especially on our home ice.

We didn't put that much pressure if any in the 3rd to validate that. :) 
3 of 4 against a team fighting for the PO's will be tough as we settle for being 'in' again.
It all depends on how much this team really wants Home ice advantage.
At this point in the season I could see Evason having Talbot play again. I'm not against Kappo at all, But he's not quite back to what he could be like we saw earlier in the season.

• Like 1