Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues, Wednesday 4-28-21, 6pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1204309

Minnesota Wild (31-13-3)  65pts  3rd in Honda West

3.19 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

2.60 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

18.6% Power Play (22nd in the NHL)

84.0% Penalty Kill (4th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 22G 19A = 41pts

2. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 17G 15A = 32pts

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 10G 19A = 29pts

4. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 6G 22A = 28pts

5. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 15G 10A = 25pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #21 Carson Soucy ~ 49 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 44 PIM's

3. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 40 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (17-6-3)  2.33GAA  .926%SP  2SO

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (14-7-0)  2.68GAA  .910%SP  2SO

Vs.

St. Louis Blues (20-19-6)  46pts  5th in Honda West

2.87 Goals For Per Game (14th in the NHL)

3.11 Goals Against Per Game (22nd in the NHL)

20.3% Power Play (15th in the NHL)

75.3% Penalty Kill (29th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #90 Ryan O'Reilly ~ 20G 23A = 43pts

2. #57 David Perron ~ 13G 29A = 42pts

3. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 12G 18A = 30pts

4. #68 Mike Hoffman ~ 14G 14A = 28pts

5. #25 Jordan Kyrou ~ 10G 16A = 26pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 29 PIM's

2. #72 Justin Faulk ~ 29 PIM's

3. #13 Kyle Clifford ~ 28 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #50 Jordan Binnington (13-14-5)  2.73GAA  .908%SP

2. #35 Ville Husso (7-5-1)  3.43GAA  .887%SP

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Corrected Time / Date

MNSOTA, Maybe we can keep this page for our possible discussions regarding this and future games against St.Louis Blues team. Fruit tropical Girl can help to change the date on Wednesday time. Tonight Blues are playing against Avalanche team. Last game they won 5:3, but in net for Colorado team was Dubnyk. Interesting if their coach gave the rest to Grubauer or he still not cleared of Covid protocol?

14 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

MNSOTA, Maybe we can keep this page for our possible discussions regarding this and future games against St.Louis Blues team. Fruit tropical Girl can help to change the date on Wednesday time. Tonight Blues are playing against Avalanche team. Last game they won 5:3, but in net for Colorado team was Dubnyk. Interesting if their coach gave the rest to Grubauer or he still not cleared of Covid protocol?

Yeah that’s a thought as well. However I still have that bit if superstition associated with GDTs posted before gameday. 

• Like 1

My guess, Cam Talbot is going to be a starting goalie against Blues on Wednesday, who was awarded as a 2nd star of the last week. 1st star of the week, of course, was Marleau. Binnington probably will be a starting goalie for St.Louis team. I think it is going to be very intriguing game , because Blues will put all efforts to get the last playoffs spot. In my opinion, they capable to do that, because have a solid experience of the long Stanley Cup run. A lot depending how their both goalies will be able to play in a next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

In my confirmation, that Blues not an easy team to play against - they were able to beat 2 games in a row a Colorado team .Today score was 4:1. Binnington was outstanding in that game by stopping 31 shots out of 32 towards his net.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

In my confirmation, that Blues not an easy team to play against - they were able to beat 2 games in a row a Colorado team .Today score was 4:1. Binnington was outstanding in that game by stopping 31 shots out of 32 towards his net.

The Avs had a lot guys out due to injuries. Despite of that, you are right, the Blues are really strong. They play a brand of hockey that works in the playoffs. Simple and effective, well-thought out, hard to defend against. If we can't win the one on one battles, we'll have no chance.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Um, @TropicalFruitGirl26 could you delete this. We thought the game was today. 

Sorry, hadn't been on most of the day, was just checking stuff before calling it a night.

I changed the date to the proper one.... this thread can still be used for the game on Wednesday. 
If you'd rather just have a whole new thread, then start one on the proper day and this one can then go away once I see a new one.

But I think you should be fine with this one.

Have a good night everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues, Wednesday 4-28-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center
18 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Yeah that’s a thought as well. However I still have that bit if superstition associated with GDTs posted before gameday. 

I see what ya mean, Sota. Went to the watering hole last night and asked the bartender to put on the Wild game: the poor guy spent the better part of 10 minutes trying to find the channel before another customer said "They're not playing tonight, you imbecile: ya call yourself a fan?!" In full disclosure, I've only been watching Minnesota hockey since Doug Mohns took over #6 from the original McMahon 6 after he got traded to the Blackhawks for some dude named Reid (and the customer at the watering hole looked old enough to be his dad...)

Been working some funky hours in April, but May is looking normal enough to possibly make these GDTs become a party of four. The next two weeks will be interesting: if we can hang with the big dogs, the days of one and done post seasons may finally be over with. I for one would be cool with Minnesota hockey in June. Go Wild!!

• Like 2

I agree, the 5 games against Blues are going to be a real preparation to the playoffs battles for our team. We will see how the Wild will be able to withstand this task. If not well then our chances during playoffs will be not as good as well. I know that many fans will tell that playoffs is a different animal than a regular season, but still a strong preparation to battle against that animal is a mandatory solution. 

36 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I agree, the 5 games against Blues are going to be a real preparation to the playoffs battles for our team. We will see how the Wild will be able to withstand this task. If not well then our chances during playoffs will be not as good as well. I know that many fans will tell that playoffs is a different animal than a regular season, but still a strong preparation to battle against that animal is a mandatory solution. 

I was just today reading an interview where a Finnish coach coaching in Austria said that the psychology of the playoffs is a big factor - sometimes the players get nervous and forget much of how they played regular season. I think that's not the whole truth, but anyways it would be really important to win some of these games against the Blues now. Just for confidence reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

I was just today reading an interview where a Finnish coach coaching in Austria said that the psychology of the playoffs is a big factor - sometimes the players get nervous and forget much of how they played regular season. I think that's not the whole truth, but anyways it would be really important to win some of these games against the Blues now. Just for confidence reasons.

Completely agree with you. We already played 3 not a simple games against Blues this season. 1st game we won with a score 2:0, but next 2 games we lost. And one of those 2 we lost (on April 9) with the most embarrassing score in the Wild history 1:9. Let's hope, that the Wild team will take a revenge for this unforgettable and , of course, unforgivable game in 20 years of the Wild history. Foligno did not played then and hope, now is going to be a serious factor for a better success against of 2019 Stanley Cup winner. Hope also, that all our 4 lines will be responsible to produce as maximum points as they can and to win at least 3 games in remaining 5 against St. Louis team.

• Like 1

It is exactly, how like a chess matchup is starting in our Division for the next 2 weeks  about which playoffs team would prefer to play against other team during the 1st playoffs  round. In my opinion, Vegas really does not want to play against us  during the 1st round and now they are running badly for the 1st place, but Colorado really wants to play against us and does not want to play against Blues during that time. Our Wild preference to play against Vegas and no preference at all to play against Colorado.  For the Blues, it does not matter at all with whom they are going to play 1st, because they are capable to beat all - Vegas; Colorado and Minnesota teams.  Their goal now to get the 4th playoffs spot in our division if Binnington will play extremely hot  for the Blues team during these 2 weeks.

I was driving home this evening from my work and turn on 100.3 FM radio channel. During that time it was a nice interview with our coach Dean Evasion for at least 15 minutes. It seems the team is taking seriously next games against Blues. Practically entire interview was dedicated to future games against that team. Of course, it was a question regarding Foligno influence on team mentality; and there were questions regarding Kaprizov and Greenway too. Overall we are going to have very important games against St.Louis. Russo said that tickets are limited to these games.

Got to keep winning and getting better. It's bad for morale to keep thinking too much about who one would want to play, like Dater did. It's better to think about the opponent you don't want to play against. Why not? What would need to change, to give one a chance?

Okay, MNSOTA here.....here's the updated stats and preview link:

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1204309

Minnesota Wild (31-13-3)  65pts  3rd in Honda West

3.19 Goals For Per Game (11th in the NHL)

2.60 Goals Against Per Game (7th in the NHL)

18.6% Power Play (22nd in the NHL)

84.0% Penalty Kill (4th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 22G 19A = 41pts

2. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 17G 15A = 32pts

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 10G 19A = 29pts

4. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 6G 22A = 28pts

5. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 15G 10A = 25pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #21 Carson Soucy ~ 49 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 44 PIM's

3. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 40 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (17-6-3)  2.33GAA  .926%SP  2SO

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (14-7-0)  2.68GAA  .910%SP  2SO

Vs.

St. Louis Blues (21-19-6)  48pts  4th in Honda West

2.87 Goals For Per Game (13th in the NHL)

3.11 Goals Against Per Game (21st in the NHL)

20.3% Power Play (14th in the NHL)

75.3% Penalty Kill (28th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #90 Ryan O'Reilly ~ 20G 25A = 45pts

2. #57 David Perron ~ 14G 31A = 45pts

3. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 13G 18A = 31pts

4. #68 Mike Hoffman ~ 14G 15A = 29pts

5. #25 Jordan Kyrou ~ 10G 16A = 26pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 29 PIM's

2. #72 Justin Faulk ~ 29 PIM's

3. #13 Kyle Clifford ~ 28 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #50 Jordan Binnington (14-14-5)  2.68GAA  .910%SP

2. #35 Ville Husso (7-5-1)  3.43GAA  .887%SP

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues, Wednesday 4-28-21, 6pm, Xcel Energy Center
3 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Holy balls on a blue goose. I cannot win when it comes to this game. 

yeah Probably better for me. Had my first shot this afternoon so not sure how tired I'll be later. Also I guess Blue balls on a blue goose is better than poop through a diarrhea infected goose LOL.

Edited by bbgarnett

Just now, bbgarnett said:

yeah Probably better for me. Had my first shot today so not sure how tired I'll be later.

For me it was the 2nd that kicked my butt. I also think that those of us who contracted Covid, suffered more after effects of the vaccine.