Chris Drury Cleans House

mojo1917

Well, uh that didn't take long.

If there is one sweet gig in the NHL this year, IMO this is it.

Sure there's the pressure of being the 4th biggest sports team in NYC after the Yankees, Giants and Jets but this is a team with a lot of good young players and

some super-duper stars in their primes...some  okay organizational depth, not the best but there are some guys in the system too.

Really this team could be top of the conference for a couple of 5 years with a little good fortune.

Gerard Gallant? 

the team seems to be built for his style of play.

Will be interesting to say the least. 

4 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

It's gonna be interesting for sure...long list of choices out there, but who would want to work with or for Dolan after what just happened...

That's a real handicap for them isn't it?

The team is poised to be pretty damn good. 

I don't know what the interactions with Dolan are like for hockey guys. They are terrible for the basketball guys though so I would imagine there is not much difference. If a coach can come in and work with Drury and leave Dolan to the blues scene. It could work.

The second James breaks a string and the guitar tech is on vacation everyone is ****ed though.

My first choice would be Gallant for that team. I think too many players would be awestruck by Messier because of his legacy there. Not sure, as great as he was, that he would be the best choice. They need to steer clear of Tortorella. They probably won't go there, with the history between Panarin and him. I don't think they or Bread wants a lot of press conferences where he tells everyone that his star player crapped his pants. As a dark horse candidate, there's always this guy....lol..although if he isn't far off from Tortorella at this point. Of course, he has a great legacy there too.

aimage.jpeg.726af736b816f6031d28d61b5933e7e5.jpeg

Edited by FD19372

BTW, I don't think David Quinn is a bad coach. They had some distractions (DeAngelo?) and underperforming players this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he were hired by another NHL team, fairly soon. They just needed to play the Flyers more often. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Quinn i feel, is a guy who is young and learning, and he's just another wilson casualty....

Been with a team that is being out together the right way, and deserves a chance to direct them, sadly, he's being dumped at the wrong time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FD19372 said:

My first choice would be Gallant for that team. I think too many players would be awestruck by Messier because of his legacy there. Not sure, as great as he was, that he would be the best choice. They need to steer clear of Tortorella. They probably won't go there, with the history between Panarin and him. I don't think they or Bread wants a lot of press conferences where he tells everyone that his star player crapped his pants. As a dark horse candidate, there's always this guy....lol..although if he isn't far off from Tortorella at this point. Of course, he has a great legacy there too.

aimage.jpeg.726af736b816f6031d28d61b5933e7e5.jpeg

here's a dark horse candidate bob hartley because it was chris drury's former coach while he was playing with the avs.

• Like 1