Eichel. To trade or not?

Buffalo Rick

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I look at the roster and Olofsson is the only guy right now and maybe the kid from Boston that I can trust to score other than Eichel.

When was it, exactly, that Jeff Skinner forgot how to play hockey?

Did he permanently strain his shooting shoulder when signing that contract?

• Haha 2

On 8/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, radoran said:

When was it, exactly, that Jeff Skinner forgot how to play hockey?

Did he permanently strain his shooting shoulder when signing that contract?

In all the talk of Eichel I actually forgot we had him.  He can bounce back for sure.  But we have other things to worry about 

I am still hoping that Adams keeps Eichel.  Hockey Guy thinks it’s certainly possible.  The consensus now is we got a good return for Ristolainen but not for Reinhart.  I am baffled how Adams can even do that?  He better get a Kings Ransom if he does trade Jack or keep him.  

In all the talk of Eichel I actually forgot we had him.  He can bounce back for sure.  But we have other things to worry about 

He's 11% of the team's cap...

Kyle Okposo (who?) Is also apparently still a thing.

I'm pretty sure there are some AHL teams who could give them a run for their money. Probably including Rochester.

6 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm pretty sure there are some AHL teams who could give them a run for their money. Probably including Rochester.

I think judgement has to be put on hold until we see what happens with Eichel.  I am wondering if Luukenen is going to start the season in Buffalo?  

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think judgement has to be put on hold until we see what happens with Eichel.  I am wondering if Luukenen is going to start the season in Buffalo?  

At this point if they go with the surgery the team wants he's not playing this season in Buffalo regardless...

The Pegulas are totally fine paying him $10M to do nothing but fired everyone they could to put them on government assistance when the pandemic hit.

Karma is a bitch.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, radoran said:

At this point if they go with the surgery the team wants he's not playing this season in Buffalo regardless...

The Pegulas are totally fine paying him $10M to do nothing but fired everyone they could to put them on government assistance when the pandemic hit.

Karma is a bitch.

I am not going to criticize the Pegulas.  Not with all they have done for upstate Ny

15 hours ago, radoran said:

I’m surprised Okposo is still here.  In fact I thought I had heard he was gone?  I would not be so fast to cast judgement when you have plenty of doubt surrounding your own team.  The Sabres will cash in 3 first round picks next year while giving young guys like Dahlin and Cozens and Middlestadt time to develop.  It might not be that long before they return to the mix.  Until then, we have the Bills

5 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am not going to criticize the Pegulas.  Not with all they have done for upstate Ny

What is it about them? You like the people with $300B threatening to move the Bills if they don't get the public to pay for a $1.3B stadium? Or was it firing everybody they could to put them on public assistance as soon as the pandemic started?

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I’m surprised Okposo is still here.  In fact I thought I had heard he was gone?

Well, he's on your cap for $6M for the next two years. It only seems like he's not there because he disappears when he goes over the boards.

I would not be so fast to cast judgement when you have plenty of doubt surrounding your own team.

Yeah, b-b-b-b-but the Flyers. I know. It's like you wake up in the morning going "b-b-b-b-but The Flyers".

I've been a harsh critic of my own team while they've been a bubble playoff team for a decade. You're always defending your team that hasn't made the playoff since being beaten by the (b-b-b-b-but) Flyers in 2011 and hasn't been better than 6th in the division since 2013.

Until then, we have the Bills

For the time being, at least. You think just Erie County should subsidize the Pegulas' stadium or should that be spread out across more of Western New York?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

For the time being, at least. You think just Erie County should subsidize the Pegulas' stadium or should that be spread out across more of Western New York?

Pegula should just sell the Sabres, he doesn’t really care about them anyway and definitely doesn’t know how to run a hockey franchise. He could use that money towards the Bills new stadium. 

He’s a typical rich blow-hard. When he first bought the Sabres he said, “if we need more money to make the Sabres successful I will just drill another hole.”  Well he’s failed the hockey fan base and is rubbing the football fan base the wrong way now as well. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 10:35 AM, Samifan said:

Pegula should just sell the Sabres, he doesn’t really care about them anyway and definitely doesn’t know how to run a hockey franchise. He could use that money towards the Bills new stadium. 

He’s a typical rich blow-hard. When he first bought the Sabres he said, “if we need more money to make the Sabres successful I will just drill another hole.”  Well he’s failed the hockey fan base and is rubbing the football fan base the wrong way now as well. 

The Bills have a big shot to win the Super Bowl this year, and without the Pegula's they likely would have left town years ago.  Adams now looks like a bad hire at GM.  Not sure who made that call?  And now I hear he is on vacation with all that is going on with Eichel?  It sucks the way this guy is doing things.  Trades Reinhart.  The bright side?  They are not half as bad as my favorite baseball team.  

Mr Adams is on vacation. If you see him on your beach make sure to kick sand in his face.  GM's waiting for their phones to ring, they wont ring.  Eichel is here to stay.  And he best suit up and get going or get the damn surgery.  I do not believe the team has the power to prevent you from having a surgery on your own body.  NO WAY.   Not in this life.  

I am still for keeping him.  I believe its more rewarding and he is that good

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2021 at 6:35 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not believe the team has the power to prevent you from having a surgery on your own body.  NO WAY.   Not in this life.  

The CBA and the contract Eichel signed says differently.

If he HAD that ability he would ALREADY HAVE DONE IT.

With great salary comes great obligation.

10 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Eichel will report to camp.  ESPN says so

To with, he has $10M reasons to report - and has the same injury that stopped him playing last Spring.

He will report and be declared medically unfit to play.

Again.

59 minutes ago, radoran said:

The CBA and the contract Eichel signed says differently.

If he HAD that ability he would ALREADY HAVE DONE IT.

With great salary comes great obligation.

To with, he has $10M reasons to report - and has the same injury that stopped him playing last Spring.

He will report and be declared medically unfit to play.

Again.

The no trade clause kicks in next season.  Eichl will play for us

The no trade clause kicks in next season.  Eichl will play for us

The clause means they can't trade him unless he approves it

EICHEL is the party demanding a trade.

He may play for the Sabres again but the "no trade clause" has absolutely nothing to do with it in any way, shape, or form.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

The clause means they can't trade him unless he approves it

EICHEL is the party demanding a trade.

He may play for the Sabres again but the "no trade clause" has absolutely nothing to do with it in any way, shape, or form.

You are correct.  I forgot that’s how it works.  Sports needs a middle where the player has less leverage .  Hockey is the only sport that they are not overpaid also.  

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Eichel makes $10 million a year. To play hockey. They're all overpaid.

Guys like him maybe. But not your average Joe.   Baseball is ridiculous.  Pitchers especially.  That is what kills small market teams like mine.  Guys like Machado say bye bye once they get the big buck