Eichel. To trade or not?

Buffalo Rick

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am against getting ripped off in a trade.  If it must happen we better get a big return!  The Kings are reportedly trying to land him

And the Wild too, which need a solid #1 center ASAP. I agree. Sabres should get a big return for this player presenting an interest for many teams trying to land him. Hope , the Wild will be the lucky one.😉.

27 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Here is an info came from the Russo twit yesterday:

"It sounds like it’s the Wild and the Rangers and the Wild are top team to land him. Is just as simple as the 2 team best offer wins Eichel?"

Well if , and its  a big if, he is traded, the Sabres have made it lear they will not trade him to an eastern team.  The Kings appear to want him big time.  We better make them pay like my baseball team did not for Machado.  I do not want to trade him.  The only way they trade him is if they feel he has long term problems with the neck injury?  Its no secret.  He wants surgery.  I had this surgery.  I know what he is up against.  Of course i had it at 39.    I wish him well but I also hope the Sabres do not cave and just trade him.  I have had enough of guys like Aaron Rogers

• Good Post 1

13 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The neck makes it a very risky trade. That must affect the price.

What a mystery it is.   I had this surgery at 39.  I could go to the batting cages so I think he could come out of hit fine?  I do not know the severity?  Or the level?  IE, Cervical C6/C7 which is the usual injury site?  I have sent them an email and messages on twitter that i had it and know an excellent Dr in Rochester that did it without a plate.  So that way he would lose no mobility. If they trade him I may never forgive them.  What is a justified return for a guy like Eichel?  

5 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Yikes ........ something tells me this is not going to end well .....

In other news ....I have Eichel in NAHANA.  I might entertain trade offers now. :bonkingheadonwall:

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yikes ........ something tells me this is not going to end well

Nothing with the Sabres franchise ever ends well. Too many failures to list them all.  But a few highlights, firing Ted Nolan after he won the Jack Adams, losing both Briere and Drury to FA the same off season, the poor return in the O’Reilly trade, the Ville Leino experiment and buyout, over paying for Kyle Okposo and Jeff Skinner. The failed tanking  to get McDavid and now the injured chia pet fiasco.

Oh and Brett Hull says hello Buffalo.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 2

Am I the only hockey fan that would NOT want Eichel on my team?  I wouldn't trade a $10 off Old Navy coupon for him.  Seriously. I wouldn't want him in my locker room, and the guy is very likely not going to be able to play--at least not to the level previously.    No way I trade the types of packages being discussed.   No way

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Am I the only hockey fan that would NOT want Eichel on my team?  I wouldn't trade a $10 off Old Navy coupon for him.  Seriously. I wouldn't want him in my locker room, and the guy is very likely not going to be able to play--at least not to the level previously.    No way I trade the types of packages being discussed.   No way

For the packages we were hearing Buffalo wanted for him, no thanks. 

It would be Lindros 2.0 but coming to town with injury questions.

Now, really no thanks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I've never liked Eichel and it's only gotten worse

No, thank you, not mortgaging a team's future for a player who might not have one - much less one making $10M per for a not insignificant term.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Yikes ........ something tells me this is not going to end well .....

In other news ....I have Eichel in NAHANA.  I might entertain trade offers now. :bonkingheadonwall:

Thank God you rejected my offer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

LOL ....you send me so many offers I forget which one this was referring too ... (Chuckling)

Lol. I don't remember, either, but for the reason you state it's probably happened.

Honestly, he is probably the one player you've had that I probably haven't made an offer for.  I've honestly never liked him. When I was shopping Hart he's probably one of your top players never involved. I think that would otherwise have been the time.  That or I offered at the deadline thinking I'd stow him on IR.

Edited by ruxpin

I will say I admire Adams for not giving in on this matter  and simply trading Eichel to "get it over with".  He is not going to budge.  Nothing less than a Kings ransom is going to get it done.  otherwise they move forward with Eichel one way or another.  They should get him the surgery in my opinion. 

Draft picks alone are not going to get a deal done here.  Established players with picks or forget about it.   I would rather keep him.  We shall see.  its certainly possible.  I believe if he was to be traded it would have already happened.  The medical issue is the holdup of course.  Keep him, let him get the surgery.  What is wrong with you Adams?  

Well I am behind Adams for playing hard ball on this Eichel trade thing.  If its not a great return, we keep him.  I am for him having the surgery and simply keeping him. He is under contract.  If he wants to play in the NHL, he is going to play here or nowhere

On 8/5/2021 at 9:10 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Draft picks alone are not going to get a deal done here.  Established players with picks or forget about it

Agreed. Has to be at least significant "ready for the next step" prospects if not established players.

Honestly, given the cap hit going out with Eichel, I would think it would have to be at least one roster player (probably 2) plus a prospect and pick(s).

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Agreed. Has to be at least significant "ready for the next step" prospects if not established players.

Honestly, given the cap hit going out with Eichel, I would think it would have to be at least one roster player (probably 2) plus a prospect and pick(s).

I am hoping they chose to get the surgery done and keep him

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am hoping they chose to get the surgery done and keep him

I think that would be the hope.  Seems like there is a LOT of acrimony between the two camps. So I'm not sure that can be repaired, but it's also clearly hurting Adams' trade negotiating position.

And Eichel doesn't want the fusion surgery; he wants the other and that's what they're objecting to.  I don't think he comes back at his level (if at all) if he gets the surgery he wants.  But it sounds like it might be better for him personally.

If anyone is giving up what SHOULD be a required package for anyone like Eichel before the surgery and clearer prognosis, they're whatever is beyond stupid.  I wonder what owner would sign off on $10M/yr. on a player with so much uncertainty.

Got to hope for some kind of reconciliation between the Sabres and Eichel if you're a Buffalo fan. Whether it's realistic or not remains to be seen, but it's probably the best outcome for Buffalo.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 12:07 PM, ruxpin said:

I think that would be the hope.  Seems like there is a LOT of acrimony between the two camps. So I'm not sure that can be repaired, but it's also clearly hurting Adams' trade negotiating position.

And Eichel doesn't want the fusion surgery; he wants the other and that's what they're objecting to.  I don't think he comes back at his level (if at all) if he gets the surgery he wants.  But it sounds like it might be better for him personally.

If anyone is giving up what SHOULD be a required package for anyone like Eichel before the surgery and clearer prognosis, they're whatever is beyond stupid.  I wonder what owner would sign off on $10M/yr. on a player with so much uncertainty.

Got to hope for some kind of reconciliation between the Sabres and Eichel if you're a Buffalo fan. Whether it's realistic or not remains to be seen, but it's probably the best outcome for Buffalo.

Im so disgusted with Adams and Pegula needs to step in and ask him if he has any plans to return this team to respectability?  I am fed up.  I look at the roster and Olofsson is the only guy right now and maybe the kid from Boston that I can trust to score other than Eichel.  I am totally dumbfounded as to why they would move Reinhart  To a team that cant give tickets away even though they are good right now.  "They have no fan support.  But they have to be considered a team that can win it all possibly.  Back to the Sabres, we have some respectable guys on the blue line, but our tough guy now resides in Philly.  The Flyers now have him and Atkinson and that is improvement.  We have more draft pics than I can count but it does nothing now. Tell Eichel we have three numbers ones next year and he will not give a damn I am sure.

• Like 1