Micheal Peca to be Rochester Americans assistant coach

Buffalo Rick

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/michael-peca-returns-buffalo-sabres-rochester-americans/c-325902140

The best small forward checker I have ever seen is going to coach in Rochester.  Peca was a very good player for the Sabres, maybe the best on the team that went to the finals in 99.  Good for him and I am happy he is getting a shot to coach

On 8/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, Samifan said:

Pecs has to get some experience coaching before he gets called up to replace Granato after he’s fired 30 games into the season.

LOL.  I hope your wrong.  In fact Id bet you are.  They will not be fast to blame him if the team flounders, they will blame Adams and the talent pool.  But if they do better than expected it will likely give him more rope?  Its too early to make any predictions.  I have to see how this damn Eichel thing  plays out

On 8/5/2021 at 5:57 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/michael-peca-returns-buffalo-sabres-rochester-americans/c-325902140

The best small forward checker I have ever seen is going to coach in Rochester.

For a guy of his size, Peca hit like a truck. Terrific two-way player who drew all of the tough assignments, and was an absolutely tireless forechecker.

18 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

For a guy of his size, Peca hit like a truck. Terrific two-way player who drew all of the tough assignments, and was an absolutely tireless forechecker.

He was the best small sized checker I have ever seen.  He would lay out a guy twice his size and then the guy would be out for blood, but Peca was just too damn fast for any retribution to occur

• Like 1

• 1 month later...