Central Division Collision

Icechipper

Strange season indeed to start out - but, someone like Vegas, has half of their top 10 players injured - not a good way to start...  Colorado and Chicago - whoa...  Which I guess made it fun to watch a couple Wild games (never thought I'd say that - or at least I haven't for 10 years)...  Was surprised that they announced Dumba had way more shots on net than Kirill - crazy...  Read an article where the GM stated he thought Kirill was trying to be the solution for everything - and he needed to simplify his game...  Good start for the team though...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Nashville falling to the pack and Dallas rising fast.

Yep.

Way back when you started this thread, I had posted that I felt Dallas could be in the top three or four.
Team has talent. Have had it for several seasons.

For various reasons, the team hasn't lived up to its potential for quite some time.
They may change that this season.

I'm not surprised they are rising while Nashville is falling.
Preds MAY have been playing a bit over their heads, though by no means do I think they are bottom feeders either.

Stars could still use a bit more 'attack mentality', and guys like Miro Heiskanen need to show more than just streaky bouts of offense, but yea, Dallas has potential to be a pain in the net to their Central competitors.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yep.

Way back when you started this thread, I had posted that I felt Dallas could be in the top three or four.
Team has talent. Have had it for several seasons.

For various reasons, the team hasn't lived up to its potential for quite some time.
They may change that this season.

I'm not surprised they are rising while Nashville is falling.
Preds MAY have been playing a bit over their heads, though by no means do I think they are bottom feeders either.

Stars could still use a bit more 'attack mentality', and guys like Miro Heiskanen need to show more than just streaky bouts of offense, but yea, Dallas has potential to be a pain in the net to their Central competitors.

Well, let's wait until the next Stars' 7-game losing streak.

The pain point is the depth. There's only one line contributing (Pavelski-Hintz-Robertson), the rest is putrid. Öttinger kept the team afloat while they recently played the worst teams in the league. The Stars are 1/17 on the PP and the strong power-play was the reason why they are still fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm still torn. On one hand I want this team to be out of the playoffs picture to force a shuffle in the team and the front office, see big changes, get some return for Klingberg, Radulov and Pavelski, and ultimately to see Bowness and Nill gone. On the other other hand, enter the playoffs and then who knows... But they are still stuck with the awful Benn, Seguin and Suter contracts.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, Icechipper said:

I'm a Wild fan. A realistic one, I believe. Not good to be a rebuilding team in the Central, I'm afraid.

You know who looks good? Dallas. And Suter figures to be a big part of our former team's blueline. 

My prediction for regular season:

1. Colorado

2. Dallas

3. Winnipeg

4. St. Louis

5. Minnesota

6. Chicago

7. Nashville

8. Phoenix

Your prediction? There are no fabulous prizes!

Well, I underated Nashville, and still do, oversold Dallas and underated the Wild. Can't figure if Jets have lost their signature skating rush game.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:04 AM, Math said:

First: Colorado, Last: Arizona. After that, everything remain open. 

Winnipeg's defense is awful and they were so-so in the weakest division last year. Contention for a WC spot.

Nashville is downtrending too, should be more in the bottom.

Chicago might be the surprise with an overall improvement in goaltending and defense.

Minny again to fight for a play-off spot, but it's still hard to tell exactly where they're at.

St-Louis is staying St-Louis.

And the Stars' home retirement facility didn't really improved their team. Benn is still capable of game-turning flashes but he has slowed down a lot and Seguin is past his prime years. Goaltending is also a significant question mark. The key will be to stay healthy and limit the number of OT losses below 35.

As a summary:

1. Colorado

2. St-Louis

3. Dallas

4. Minnesota

5. Chicago

6. Nashville

7. Winnipeg

8. Arizona

Closest to the hole?🤔