Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Thursday 11-11-21, 9:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

MNSOTA

We had at least 3 golden opportunities to score (when played two times of 5 on 3 and one time of 6 on 4), but we did not use it. Bad finish. Too many mistakes did our team. Dumby (Evason calling him this way) did evident stupid mistakes. As well as Vegas outshot us a lot 35 vs our 24 shots. I am not sure, but I think this is the 1st game this season when opposite team outshot us badly. Sadly, Vegas team this season is not comparable (IMO, weaker) with the Vegas team from the previous 3 seasons.

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Dumba owned up his mistake, good for him. It was not just about him though. 6 breakaways said LaPanta. If we had switched coaches just for this game, DeBoer for Evason, I'd say we would have been competitive.

But we've heard that a lot from him already 12 games in. 🤔 And no, It wasn't all on him.
It's not the same VGK's of last year by far but they applied the same pressure as before. That's what worries me, Any team gives us tight pressure like that, Our game is very disrupted. We don't seem to adjust until it's crunch time, Like last night. The 3rd was pretty entertaining not just because we scored but the back and forth play was much better.

• Good Post 2

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

But we've heard that a lot from him already 12 games in. 🤔 And no, It wasn't all on him.
It's not the same VGK's of last year by far but they applied the same pressure as before. That's what worries me, Any team gives us tight pressure like that, Our game is very disrupted. We don't seem to adjust until it's crunch time, Like last night. The 3rd was pretty entertaining not just because we scored but the back and forth play was much better.

Yes. Absolutely. Back and forth play was much better. We talked before - we can't win all the time when we are 2-3 goals behind . Our chance to win is too fragile this way, especially during the regular season. And also I still would like to see in the team Addison, Beckman, Rossi, Dewar to make our team even more faster.

My predicted score was our win 5:3 for the last game. At least I was right that opposite team was able to place only 3 goals in our net. 🙂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I just looked for our schedule next 2 weeks. They are going to be extremely difficult for the team. That means tomorrow game should be a must win game for us for collecting more points when possible.

Yeah, starting with this road trip, the next 9 games are tough, and the ending 3 game road trip at TB, FL and NJ will be extremely difficult. The Devils (the team I root for out of the East) are a good looking young team who just gave Fla and NYI back to back beatings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:
11 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I agree. He needs to be better. I really wish we had traded him last year. 

Regarding all of our defensemen, I like some of them individually, but as a whole I just don’t think the group is good enough. I don’t think they are skilled enough, and I’m not even talking about jumping into the play on the offensive end. I’m just talking about from a skating and passing standpoint, coming out of our own zone and in neutral ice. It’s not their strong suit.

3 hours ago, TallyTigerShark said:

Yeah, starting with this road trip, the next 9 games are tough, and the ending 3 game road trip at TB, FL and NJ will be extremely difficult. The Devils (the team I root for out of the East) are a good looking young team who just gave Fla and NYI back to back beatings.

A true test for this team for sure. I look forward to them. If you can't get excited for this next 2 weeks, Then you're not confident in your own team. :)
We MUST be healthy for that stretch tho.

Leaving our own zone has been greatly improved imo, From last year. Probably from the improved support near the boards leaving.
While Brodin, Spurge, Guligoski and even Kulikov seems fine in doing so, Merrel, Dumba have their moments, Good and bad. :P

• Like 1