Jump to content

Sale of Pens to Fenway Sports Group Imminent


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, B21 said:

https://triblive.com/sports/report-fenway-sports-group-in-talks-to-purchase-penguins/

 

Wow. Didn't see this coming.  First reaction...replace deep pockets (Ron Burkle) with deeper pockets (Fenway/John Henry) and Mario keeps his stake. No major front office change. So far so good. No mention of a price tag yet though.

Hey! Look who the cat dragged in!

 

Good to see you, bud. Hope you're doing well.

 

Interesting news. No hint of a rumor before this, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Hey! Look who the cat dragged in!

 

Good to see you, bud. Hope you're doing well.

 

Interesting news. No hint of a rumor before this, right?

 

LOL! Alive and well. Just busy with life. Moved out of the 'Burgh and to the hockey hotbed known as the suburbs of Atlanta Georgia. Speaking of which, when did the Thrashers move?

 

So no rumors recently which is surprising in today's world especially considering these talks had apparently been going on for months. The team wasn't for sale - Fenway approached the Pens.  That said, there were rumors of a sale in 2015 when Burkle and Lemieux hired Morgan Stanley to look at "options" but nothing came of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B21 said:

 

LOL! Alive and well. Just busy with life. Moved out of the 'Burgh and to the hockey hotbed known as the suburbs of Atlanta Georgia. Speaking of which, when did the Thrashers move?

 

So no rumors recently which is surprising in today's world especially considering these talks had apparently been going on for months. The team wasn't for sale - Fenway approached the Pens.  That said, there were rumors of a sale in 2015 when Burkle and Lemieux hired Morgan Stanley to look at "options" but nothing came of it. 

 

Bettman and the NHL reportedly scuttled any deal that was not at least in the $750M range because they were worried about a possible sale that was below that because of the $500M price tag for Seattle which was on the horizon.  Per Rick Westhead TSN

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Podein25 said:

 

Bettman and the NHL reportedly scuttled any deal that was not at least in the $750M range because they were worried about a possible sale that was below that because of the $500M price tag for Seattle which was on the horizon.  Per Rick Westhead TSN

 

It worked. Local paper reporting $900MM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, B21 said:

 

LOL! Alive and well. Just busy with life. Moved out of the 'Burgh and to the hockey hotbed known as the suburbs of Atlanta Georgia. Speaking of which, when did the Thrashers move?

 

So no rumors recently which is surprising in today's world especially considering these talks had apparently been going on for months. The team wasn't for sale - Fenway approached the Pens.  That said, there were rumors of a sale in 2015 when Burkle and Lemieux hired Morgan Stanley to look at "options" but nothing came of it. 

The Thashers moved to Winnipeg in time for the 2011/12 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...