Minnesota Wild @ Boston Bruins, Thursday 1-6-22, 6:00pm, TD Garden

MNSOTA

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Best period in over a month. :P

We have BETTER players on the ice with the rookies up.  I don't care what line they are on.  They NEED to be up, and Pitlick NEEDS to be on the ice.  Bjug, Rask, DuHaime, and Gaudreau are like giving up 4 spots that could go to MUCH more talented and energetic players.  It IS time, as the 5 game losing streak and Covid shortage enabled.  I just hope Evason and Guerin see reality staring them in the face.  Bjug, Rask, DuHaime, and Gaudreau also had little to NOTHING to do with our 8 game win streak, but aren't there to pick us up with a greasy goal, slick pass, or solid play when we needed it during the losing streak.  TURN THE PAGE on them all (DuHaime may still have a contribution to make - but NOT right now).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Another G from Jonas.  Why they ever had old limp wrister on the point, I will never know.  Brodin hits a pea fairly often.

Actually, Sturm redirected the puck from Brodin's shot. Boston commentators just showed how he did it. They also said well about Kaprizov, that he practically changed the culture of the Wild team. This goal was his 40ies point this season.

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

We have BETTER players on the ice with the rookies up.  I don't care what line they are on.  They NEED to be up, and Pitlick NEEDS to be on the ice.  Bjug, Rask, DuHaime, and Gaudreau are like giving up 4 spots that could go to MUCH more talented and energetic players.  It IS time, as the 5 game losing streak and Covid shortage enabled.  I just hope Evason and Guerin see reality staring them in the face.  Bjug, Rask, DuHaime, and Gaudreau also had little to NOTHING to do with our 8 game win streak, but aren't there to pick us up with a greasy goal, slick pass, or solid play when we needed it during the losing streak.  TURN THE PAGE on them all (DuHaime may still have a contribution to make - but NOT right now).

Yeah, Bjug reminds me of just another Plug n' Play(er) from previous years. I wouldn't give up on Duhaine quit as quick compared to the rest you listed.

3 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Actually, Sturm redirected the puck from Brodin's shot. Boston commentators just showed how he did it. They also said well about Kaprizov, that he practically changed the culture of the Wild team. This goal was his 40ies point this season.

Doesn't really matter as it was a sweet shot by Brodin that would've scored anyhow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Since on one had the COURAGE to spot my post a trophy, I am going to take the liberty self-endorse in this age of selfies and unabashed vanity:1851365819_GoldenTrophy.jpg.a073869b193885909114e9ca94fdce93.jpg

• Thanks 1

So far I like today's roster the most. Drive and intrigue presented in the 1st period. Maybe only we should add EEK instead of Gaudreau to this roster. Bjugstad was injured during the last practice, Duhaime is on Covid protocol, Rask was on waivers but cleared now (not playing).

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Well let's face it the only reason Rask was on the ice is it's hard to pay someone $4million to not play.

Busted and Gaudreau are on the ice because  they are RIGHT HANDED and that's about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Well let's face it the only reason Rask was on the ice is it's hard to pay someone $4million to not play.

Busted and Gaudreau are on the ice because  they are RIGHT HANDED and that's about it.

Agreed.  It is just exhausting to depend upon 2-3 goal scorers to sink/swim and ZERO contribution (goals or otherwise) from 30-40% of the roster.  They didn't add much to any game, though I get the RH and $4MM rationale - it is how you lose games.  Find better players and move em out if they don't deliver.  We knew Rask was too slow when we traded NN YEARS ago.😒

4 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Doesn't really matter as it was a sweet shot by Brodin that would've scored anyhow.

His shot was sweet, but still not sure because of Swayman(their goalie) reaction. Redirected/deflected shots more difficult to take. Wish our team will produce more goals this way. We are not as good on that task.

Interesting, our former players Coyle and Haula are playing together.

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Agreed.  It is just exhausting to depend upon 2-3 goal scorers to sink/swim and ZERO contribution (goals or otherwise) from 30-40% of the roster.  They didn't add much to any game, though I get the RH and $4MM rationale - it is how you lose games.  Find better players and move em out if they don't deliver.  We knew Rask was too slow when we traded NN YEARS ago.😒

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in keeping inferior players for stupid rational either, but I think that's what we have.

Take the $ consideration out of the discussion for the sake of analysis.  How MUCH better do you think Goligoski has played versus Suter in almost ALL of his years (lower ticket charge notwithstanding).  Wonder if he would take another $5MM deal?  I also like Kulikov most nights

• Good Post 1