Wild vs. Avalanche 1/17/22 @ 2:00PM CST at Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

There’s one point. Let’s make it 2 eh boys 

Kap for the Hat?  He seems 'in the zone' today, and I think he would like to show up McK.  Did you see when he picked McK's pocket from behind and led the Wild rush?  Nathan 'no likely' being shown up....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

Sadly, I don't think they are overrated. They have a really well-balanced team.  And I think their defense is one of the best in the league, with two very good goalies.  But they are definitely beatable. 

Have to disagree.
They are a good, fast, dangerous team.

Cup ready?
Overwhelming favorites to come out of the West like some would have people believe?
No, and no.

I've seen not only the Wild, who are supposed to be "well behind" Colorado, pressure them into mistakes in their own end, make them look super ordinary there, but their goalies aren't the ones to take them anywhere near a Cup either.
And I've seen other teams, if they follow the "make them play in their own end formula" the Wild are using, do the same.

Make no mistake..... I do think the Avs are good, but not nearly as good as some people seem to think they are.
Not until they get a better plan in their own end and not until they improve their goaltending.

• Like 2

Boldy looks just awesome as a Rookie.  He is going to be a GREAT player.   He is skilled, smart, responsible, and patient with the puck.  Each game he is getting more opportunity (Line 2, PP2, PP1, OT).  So, I am wondering when they will let him try the shootout?  Say, after Kap and Fiala?

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Boldy looks just awesome as a Rookie.  He is going to be a GREAT player.   He is skilled, smart, responsible, and patient with the puck.  Each game he is getting more opportunity (Line 2, PP2, PP1, OT).  So, I am wondering when they will let him try the shootout?  Say, after Kap and Fiala?

Some cement heads thought Boldy wasn't "good enough to skate" at the NHL level. 
Imagine that.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Some cement heads thought Boldy wasn't "good enough to skate" at the NHL level. 
Imagine that.

Were they the same people that had Filip Johansson as Wild #1 pick a few years back?

Kap HAS to make this....

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Pitlick scored in his second game in Montreal....good for him!

I know it was a numbers game for him to be put on waivers but l liked his game. Then to get picked up by the hapless Habs has got to be a kick in the nuts for him 

Edited by Jimtown guy

10 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I know it was a numbers game for him to be put on waivers but l liked his game. Then to get picked up by the hapless Habs has got to be a kick in the nuts for him 

But I'll bet he gets a lot of ice time and show he's worth getting.

• Like 1

Hard Work Not Quite Enough in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Colorado

Here is @MNSOTA's post-gamer.  As I promised from the preview, lots of extras.  Pretty good effort all around by the Wild.  We had some chances we didn't capitalize on, but the effort was there.  We played like a team that felt it could play with Colorado.  That hasn't always been the case.  You have to love the confidence this team plays when it pulls its goaltender.  It knows they can score; and believing makes a difference whether you're going to be successful in those situations or not.  

• Like 3