Winter Classic Game(S)Tickets

Guest Hexy27

My two friends decided they wanted to be two rows from the field -- stood for three hours and didn't see the puck once.

That's why I didn't go to Boston to watch the game. All my friends couldn't believe I didn't want to go.

That's a large amount of money to stand there and not really see the puck or the flow of the game.

It's a shame they couldn't use the LINK instead of CBP

Flyers Announce Winter Classic Alumni Roster

By: Dave Isaac on November 25, 2011 2:30 pm COMMENTS OFF

Before the current Flyers and Rangers face off at Citizens Bank Park, some alumni will play on New Year’s Eve. Here’s the complete list of which former Flyers will play.

Head Coach: Pat Quinn

Assistant Coaches: Mike Nykoluk, Keith Primeau

Goalies

Mark LaForest

Neil Little

Defensemen

Chris Therien

Derian Hatcher

Kjell Samuelsson

Larry Goodenough

Terry Carkner

Eric Desjardins

Joe Watson

Brad Marsh

Mark Howe

Forwards

Shjon Podein

Jim Dowd

Orest Kindrachuk

Bob Kelly

Reggie Leach

Bill Barber

Bobby Clarke

Ken Linseman

Dave Poulin

Al Hill

Mark Recchi

Brian Propp

John LeClair

Jeremy Roenick

Eric Lindros

Rick Tocchet

i just got tickets via the NHL lottery. not cheap for 400 level seats: $260 apiece with all fees included. interesting that lottery winners had tickets (supposedly) predetermined and linked to each account upon receipt. has its pluses and minuses i suppose. anyway, i'm going! i say hell yeah!

hm... fees were probably built into the total cost of the ticket. $249/each in the 429 section, plus another $20 fee and another $3 invoice fee (wtf); total was $521 for two tickets. the way it is set up, there is no breakdown of the fees plus actual cost of the ticket. maybe once i get my physical tickets i can see how badly i was ripped off haha.

The more I think about it, the more angry I get that Flyers Season Ticket Holders were forced to buy tickets to all games and then slapped with astronomical fees. I paid $40.25 in fees PER TICKET to JUST the Winter Classic, while some NHL Lottery winner got the chance to buy JUST the Classic and had significantly LESS fees than me. I don't like the way the Classic is being handled. Sorry to vent.

Congrats on getting seats though! It's going to be a great time.

Wow those prices are crazy I paid $160 for all 3 games including fees. I am lower level for all 3 games. The 400 level seats were the most expensive and 100 level were the cheapest. I am happy to be going and I don't care how much I see or don't see. There will be pictures of whatever I can see.

@Ladyneat: lucky you. i tried really hard to enter every contest i could to get a ticket to the last Flyers WC but had no luck. This year i just had to say screw it and put it on the credit card no matter what it cost in order to go. i'm not surprised at all that i got the gyp but sometimes you just have to eat sh!t i guess. hope to see your pics from the WC. mine will be of ants haha.

Wow those prices are crazy I paid $160 for all 3 games including fees. I am lower level for all 3 games. The 400 level seats were the most expensive and 100 level were the cheapest. I am happy to be going and I don't care how much I see or don't see. There will be pictures of whatever I can see.

$160 for ALL three games INCLUDING fees? I'm sorry, but I flat out don't believe you. Haha. Either way, have fun!

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it is possible if you are within the first few rows of the lower level for every game.

Edited by s3x

$160 for ALL three games INCLUDING fees? I'm sorry, but I flat out don't believe you. Haha. Either way, have fun!

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it is possible if you are within the first few rows of the lower level for every game.

Yup I had the light blue price for the classic $79 tix and the orange level for the Alumni & Phantoms total for two tix was $320. My share $160 I felt really fortunate that I am going. I am more excited for the alumni and Phantoms game then the classic itself.

@Ladyneat: lucky you. i tried really hard to enter every contest i could to get a ticket to the last Flyers WC but had no luck. This year i just had to say screw it and put it on the credit card no matter what it cost in order to go. i'm not surprised at all that i got the gyp but sometimes you just have to eat sh!t i guess. hope to see your pics from the WC. mine will be of ants haha.

thanks I hope that my pix are decent. I am sure you will see whatever weird things I can see.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Two tickets in 234 row 8 for the Classic at a very reasonable price. Directly behind net where Flyers shoot twice. 29 year season ticket holder corporate account. Email at s3x@me.com. Need these gone fast.

That's why I didn't go to Boston to watch the game. All my friends couldn't believe I didn't want to go.

That's a large amount of money to stand there and not really see the puck or the flow of the game.

It's a shame they couldn't use the LINK instead of CBP

I was lucky enough to score two tickets in section 136 row 32. Do you think this will be high enough off of the field to see the puck or am I going to freeze watching the scoreboard? Section 136 is directly behind the Rangers net. Thanks in advance for any help.

I was lucky enough to score two tickets in section 136 row 32. Do you think this will be high enough off of the field to see the puck or am I going to freeze watching the scoreboard? Section 136 is directly behind the Rangers net. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm not the right person to ask about that. I haven't been to CBP as I moved out of the area about 8 years ago.

I too would have thought the LINK would have been prefered but I'm sure it has to do the with the month of setup work they need to do.

Last time I checked the Eagles tried to play football at the LINK so that's probably why.

This is from 138, Row 31. Yours will be a similar vantage point. Keep in mind, there will be boards, and people standing all around the rink, but you should still have a decent view albeit standing the entire game. I would say seeing anything definite on the near side of the blue line is a shot in the dark, and unfortunately, the other side of the rink is a bit far. But it'll still be a good spot. The tough part is that if you wanted to watch on the scoreboard, you're going to have a stiff neck (picture below).

screenshot20111217at100.png

cathy20100927203433.jpg

It's going to be a great experience no matter where you are to be honest.

This is a similar view to the pic above at CBP from Fenway. Fenway is a bit steeper, so I think these seats are just a bit higher -- and Fenway is smaller, so the rink is closer... but you may be okay!

11915735.png

Edited by s3x

Good news! As I suspected, they will be adding more HD screens to keep fans in LF from having to turn their heads:

[The HD screens are especially important, and the NHL is installing additional videoboards so fans in leftfield can watch without turning their heads. Every fan will have a view of a videoboard from his or her seat. "I don’t care where you’re at, at any stadium, you’re watching a puck going 30, 40 miles an hour from 400 feet away, you’re not going to see a heck of a lot," Renzulli said. "The big deal about HD screens now is you can see everything, and you’re there. You can look down and watch it and can also look up and see it in HD."]

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/other_nhl/view/20111218flyers_and_rangers_going_skating_in_citizens_bank_park_for_winter_classic/srvc=sports&position=also

Reno,

Just thought you might like to know that my 62 year old man got tears in his eyes when he got his tickets. Cannot wait for this game.

Man, that is so great to hear. A very Merry Christmas indeed!