Goalie trade coming?

Guest galgonWild

Josh is sick from what I have heard, but I do think he will generate some intrest. The Wild have a wealth of goaltending prospects, and Hackett looks like the real deal. I love Hards, but it's time to move him. Lets get something for him while we can, and let Matt Hackett prove he's as good as he looked earlier in the year.

The Wild have a wealth of goaltending prospects, and Hackett looks like the real deal. I love Hards, but it's time to move him. Lets get something for him while we can, and let Matt Hackett prove he's as good as he looked earlier in the year.

I agree, but I wonder instead if the Wild would be more likely to move Backstrom at the Draft ( yeah he does have a NTC) but it wouldn't be impossible. Then next year go with Harding and Hackett.

I wouldn't object to that. Harding is good with regular playing time, and I think he and Hackett could be a successful tandem. I was thinking of this scenario a few weeks ago, before New Jersey solidified their stance on not trading Parise, that the Wild could put together a package centered around Nicklas Backstrom with some prospects and picks to get Parise. But Backstrom has been playing phenominally lately, and if he carries them to the playoffs, I don't know if they'd be willing to trade him. It would be really interesting to see what he could fetch in a trade though, provided he waives his NTC.

I think you guys would just about want any new goalie. in a flyers jersey.

if you had to watch your goalies give up 3-5 soft goals a game you'd be open to any change in goal. The wild seem to develop goalies within there system quite well unlike my flyers who haven't developed an in house goalie since Reagan was president and hair bands were all the rage

if you had to watch your goalies give up 3-5 soft goals a game you'd be open to any change in goal. The wild seem to develop goalies within there system quite well unlike my flyers who haven't developed an in house goalie since Reagan was president and hair bands were all the rage

haha, Goaltending has been fairly stable with the Wild I must say. Hackett will be the back-up next season, which means one of Backstrom or Harding won't be here. I'm not sure if a move will come before the trade deadline, but hopefully one will be there by the draft so the Wild get something for one of them before Harding test the FA waters.

@Podein25

nice! :)