500% Western Road Trip= Good!

Guest OzFlyer

These Western trips can be dangerous. 2 wins and 2 losses not too bad and good to see Bryz playing like an NHL Goalie!! I hope he can keep it up at home.

#8 Grossman is looking like a keeper as well!!

Um, our home record is worse than our road record, we have lost 6 of the last 7 and we are now in 6th place and one point out of 7th. Oh yeah, things are looking up!

Ok, so let's take a look at this Western Road trip. First of all Winnipeg is not even in the Western Conference so the Flyers actually went 1-2 in their Western Road trip but whatever, let's include them in this discussion. The Flyers barely squeaked out OT and SO wins over Winnipeg and Calgary, both teams that probably wont make the playoffs. They got shut out by Edmonton, the 2nd to worst team in the NHL, and they got shutout by the Sharks, a decent team but has only won 3 of their last 10 games. I am sorry but I would hardly consider that a road trip worth rejoicing.

I agree OZ, to get out of a late season western trip at .500 is fine on my end too. Esp since they outplayed SJ last night, who they have not won against in what last 12 games against either, and they never win in Edmonton(been since early 2000's since they've won there I think).

At home you'd expect 3-1 against these teams, on the road I'll take 2-2.

Tough test will be March where they have a TON of games to play(most are home at least), 4 a week for most of it with back to back Sat-Sun games most of the month. Time to string off a nice 5 game win streak to solidify the standings and take some of the heat off.

I think they come out and finish strong baby!!!

Ok, so let's take a look at this Western Road trip. First of all Winnipeg is not even in the Western Conference so the Flyers actually went 1-2 in their Western Road trip but whatever, let's include them in this discussion. The Flyers barely squeaked out OT and SO wins over Winnipeg and Calgary, both teams that probably wont make the playoffs. They got shut out by Edmonton, the 2nd to worst team in the NHL, and they got shutout by the Sharks, a decent team but has only won 3 of their last 10 games. I am sorry but I would hardly consider that a road trip worth rejoicing.

3 of those 4 game Mr. Universe did everything he could Flyers to loose those games. OT and SO were two of the best and entertaining games the Flyers played this year. San Jose was the only bad game of the trip.

Edited by krasy