Regular Season schedule just released

Buffalo Rick

Well the NHL opens in Prague.  I see the Sabres do not play the Flyers until March!!!  By then we should both know our fates.  I think they play 3 times in March, or maybe one in April but it’s the latest ever.  I don’t think we play Tampa until February.  Well the draft looms.  Wonder if we trade one of these picks.  If a goalie is involved I’d do it.  

• Like 1

It looks like everybody gets, if not exactly a bye week, more extensive time off around the Feb 3rd/4th All-Star Festivities.

There are always inevitable schedule ‘oddities’…not really oddities when you play 31 teams at least twice.  E.g., any Caps fans wanting to see Boston at Capital One Arena will have their one chance - on opening night.  

Not weird.  I remember around mid-90’s going to the Caps opener at the old Cap Center aka US Airways Arena - the only visit by Chicago.  (Who won.  But we saw a nice laser show before the game 😊)

12 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

It looks like everybody gets, if not exactly a bye week, more extensive time off around the Feb 3rd/4th All-Star Festivities.

There are always inevitable schedule ‘oddities’…not really oddities when you play 31 teams at least twice.  E.g., any Caps fans wanting to see Boston at Capital One Arena will have their one chance - on opening night.  

Not weird.  I remember around mid-90’s going to the Caps opener at the old Cap Center aka US Airways Arena - the only visit by Chicago.  (Who won.  But we saw a nice laser show before the game 😊)

I only viewed the Sabres schedule to see what nights I may drive up to Buffalo.  So where is the all star game this year? The annual skate and shoot, 12-11 type game  Crazier than my first ever hockey game live in 1968, in Rochester, an 8-7 shootout on the last night of the AHL regular season, won by the old Quebec Aces vs my then Rochester Americans who are of course the Sabres farm team.  Those Americans were leftover team from several Calder Cup winning teams.  Don Cherry was a part of the Americans.  Dick Gamble was on that Amerks team.  Might have been his last game, not sure.  The late Red Armstrong, one of the most popular fighters in the AHL, always entertained.  Taking a slapshot off the  boards that just missed one of the officials.  He would later die falling off a roof in a construction accident.  Good old Red.  

So TFG, I was wrong about Tampa as they do play the Sabres in November and are here the night before Xmas Eve also.  The Flyers no.  March 4th is first visit by Flyers to Buffalo.  The Sabres are in Philly on March 17 and play them for the last time in Philly, Saturday on April Fools day.  Likely gotta be a damn fool to buy a ticket?  Lets hope not. 

You, Sir @Hockey Junkie are an interesting guy.

For all the bluster about how the Leaves® would have done better than the Lightning in the playoffs, and how they had "no fight" against the Avalanche, you went ahead to look when the Sabres will be meeting the Lightning.
Not Toronto....not Florida....heck, not even the Bruins. 
The LIGHTNING.

Looking forward to those games are ya? 
Can't say I blame ya.
They are, after all, YOUR Prince of Wales, Eastern Conference Champions, third year running!  ;) 

On 7/7/2022 at 2:12 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You, Sir @Hockey Junkie are an interesting guy.

For all the bluster about how the Leaves® would have done better than the Lightning in the playoffs, and how they had "no fight" against the Avalanche, you went ahead to look when the Sabres will be meeting the Lightning.
Not Toronto....not Florida....heck, not even the Bruins. 
The LIGHTNING.

Looking forward to those games are ya? 
Can't say I blame ya.
They are, after all, YOUR Prince of Wales, Eastern Conference Champions, third year running!  ;) 

I always try to see teams I have never seen live before.  So I went to many western conference games in the recent years when I was attending to see more western teams.  I have seen Boston many times over the years.  Even in Rochester in pre season.  

• Like 1