Montreal in tonight. Sabres need wins in next 3 vs less than formidable opponents.

Buffalo Rick

We have Montreal, Chicago and the revamped Detroit Red Wings who I believe were blown out last night?   Have to check again.  Tuesday night lost to the Devils 6-2.  Put the Lindy Ruff firing on hold for right now. That score is a surprise. I still don't know how the Sabres went into Edmonton and Calgary and escaped and then beat a desperate Vancouver team to boot. Then they go through the motions and get brought back to Earth by the Kracken.  They are better than many are projecting them, are the Kracken, but that is a game we should have done better in.  Now they get an old enemy in the Canadians.  They have lost to the Wild and Dallas most recently.   They had won some surprising games early on. I really do not know how good or should I say bad they are?  I guess they will come in tonight focused.  So the next 3 games the Sabres need to come away with results.  My biggest fear are the goalies. I would start Anderson tonight. We will see.

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Now they get an old enemy in the Canadians.  They have lost to the Wild and Dallas most recently.   They had won some surprising games early on. I really do not know how good or should I say bad they are?

I was in Centre Bell last Saturday for the Habs-Stars game. Once they finally pronounced the taboo word of "rebuild", they are playing without pressure. Caufield and Suzuki are running the show there but it's still a young team that makes lots of mistakes. They can score goals but the defence and goaltending will kill them on the longterm. Their goal was to grab the most possible points early in the season but they were cleary outplayed by the Stars, and apparently also by the Wild in their last game. I still can't them avoid the last place in a divison where Buffalo and Detroit noticeably improved compared to last year.

Funny thing, all Habs fans I've spoken with were coming from the GTA are were wearing Montréal jerseys.

Edited by Math

9 hours ago, Math said:

I was in Centre Bell last Saturday for the Habs-Stars game. Once they finally pronounced the taboo word of "rebuild", they are playing without pressure. Caufield and Suzuki are running the show there but it's still a young team that makes lots of mistakes. They can score goals but the defence and goaltending will kill them on the longterm. Their goal was to grab the most possible points early in the season but they were cleary outplayed by the Stars, and apparently also by the Wild in their last game. I still can't them avoid the last place in a divison where Buffalo and Detroit noticeably improved compared to last year.

Funny thing, all Habs fans I've spoken with were coming from the GTA are were wearing Montréal jerseys.

Sabres called for 2 penalties first 6 minutes.  No score.  Killed them off.  Sure not the same not having Price either

On 10/28/2022 at 9:47 AM, SaucyJack said:

Blackhawks with a respectful 4-3-0 record early on.  Crazy high-scoring 6-5 loss to Edmonton last night: and never a  2-goal lead for either club.

Sabres outshot them 16-5 in first period.  On them like a cheap suit but the rookie goalie has robbed us blind

11 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

the rookie goalie has robbed us blind

Well I guess when Jonathan Toews gets interviewed by local ChiTown TV sports reporters and expresses upbeat optimism, maybe he really means it?

Hard to know or tell yet in this young season.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

the rookie goalie has robbed us blind

The kid Soderblom not invincible so now 3-2 you got 8 minutes.  (Due to a fortunate break in the living room I have been allowed to watch the last dozen minutes on NBC Sports Chicago.)

=============

And have I brought you luck, HJ?  Just me watching is the kismet, karma, and juju that allows Buffalo to tie it less than 5 minutes later.

And now a final minute power play.

Edited by SaucyJack

17 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

The kid Soderblom not invincible so now 3-2 you got 8 minutes.  (Due to a fortunate break in the living room I have been allowed to watch the last dozen minutes on NBC Sports Chicago.)

=============

And have I brought you luck, HJ?  Just me watching is the kismet, karma, and juju that allows Buffalo to tie it less than 5 minutes later.

And now a final minute power play.

Sabres win!

3 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Sabres win!

Tough two games for the Hawks.  Lose last minute of regulation to the Oilers, then lose first minute OT to the Sabres.

Hate these frigging post-2004 strike bush league points rules.  A team blows a 2-goal lead with 8 minutes remaining, to lose by a goal, yet still earn half a win in the points standings.  Morons running things, still.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Hate these frigging post-2004 strike bush league points rules.  A team blows a 2-goal lead with 8 minutes remaining, to lose by a goal, yet still earn half a win in the points standings.  Morons running things, still.

And if that drives you bonkers, I can only imagine that people saying a team that is 15-15-10 is "at .500", would push you over the edge! :bigteeth: 
Last I checked, 15 wins out of 40 contests is a .375 pct :rolleyes:

• Annoyed 1

8 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Tough two games for the Hawks.  Lose last minute of regulation to the Oilers, then lose first minute OT to the Sabres.

I understand the shootout has been good for the game with the casual fan.  But NOT with the die hard fans that have been with the game forever.   I am old school.  A tie is a tie.  For Gods sake, now you have both teams with under ten minutes left, playing it safe to get the point. Then they know at least if they lose in OT or SO, they get a point in the standings.  It has killed the final minutes of any game. Teams are basically dumping puck in and then making sure they have at least 3 men back to defend to preserve the point. There are a handful of teams that are more aggressive. They need to bring back the tie OR do the 3 point award that they had discussed.  Remember that?   What say you TFG??>

7 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

And if that drives you bonkers, I can only imagine that people saying a team that is 15-15-10 is "at .500", would push you over the edge! :bigteeth: 
Last I checked, 15 wins out of 40 contests is a .375 pct :rolleyes:

please see my reply to Saucy Jack.  I addressed you.