Sabres beat Blues 6-2 behind young talent

Buffalo Rick

Quinn and Paterka really were impressive and with Cozens, had a big part in win over Blues.   Power has to be included also.  The young Sabres are showing promise.  These were not garbage in the crease bang home goals.  These were quick skating, stick handling and passing type goals that take talent.  It promising especially after the 7-2  win in Montreal that they still had plenty of legs.  Now the Devils and Tampa come in.  I am hoping it carries over when Lindy visits on Friday.  This was a night Jack Quinn wont forget.  I kind of wish they would stick with the old uniforms.  Memories of Peca and guys from the 99 team.  Granato is safe for now.

11 hours ago, Samifan said:

In other news; Flyers lose again behind youth 

The Flyers have one skater younger than 23 on the roster.

Six under the age of 25.

The defense averages 28.3.

"Youth" isn't the problem.

Edited by radoran

20 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Quinn and Paterka really were impressive and with Cozens, had a big part in win over Blues.   Power has to be included also.  The young Sabres are showing promise.  These were not garbage in the crease bang home goals.  These were quick skating, stick handling and passing type goals that take talent.  It promising especially after the 7-2  win in Montreal that they still had plenty of legs.  Now the Devils and Tampa come in.  I am hoping it carries over when Lindy visits on Friday.  This was a night Jack Quinn wont forget.  I kind of wish they would stick with the old uniforms.  Memories of Peca and guys from the 99 team.  Granato is safe for now.

Very impressive.
Now....if these young guys can get it all together and KEEP it all together, maybe they can actually make the playoffs this year, where more lessons in 'learning to win' should await them.

I still think some dead weight veterans need to be moved out and replaced by winning pedigree vets and the goaltending has to be claimed by a consistent netminder (Hopefully Luukko is the answer in net for BUF fans), but otherwise, team is very watchable and fans should be happy for the most part with what they see.

My favorite Sabres players are Alex Tuch (super stud on the wing!) and Rasmus Dahlin (has grown by leaps n bounds the last two or three seasons!).

On 11/25/2022 at 6:50 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Very impressive.
Now....if these young guys can get it all together and KEEP it all together, maybe they can actually make the playoffs this year, where more lessons in 'learning to win' should await them.

I still think some dead weight veterans need to be moved out and replaced by winning pedigree vets and the goaltending has to be claimed by a consistent netminder (Hopefully Luukko is the answer in net for BUF fans), but otherwise, team is very watchable and fans should be happy for the most part with what they see.

My favorite Sabres players are Alex Tuch (super stud on the wing!) and Rasmus Dahlin (has grown by leaps n bounds the last two or three seasons!).

Powers has really played well.  Quinn and Paterka are here to stay.  Not sure if Okposo is really dead weight, as he is one of those vets.  Tage Thomson is the guy that they can really count on up front. I am not sure they can get in this year.  I never thought New Jersey would be this good.  Ruff was on the verge of being fired and then this. Montreal is not going anywhere.  Philly and Ottawa neither even though Ottawa blew out Anaheim other night but maybe just because Anaheim has been bad of late?  Some tough team to read.  Like Seattle out west.  They beat the Ducks last night in their building. Maybe Gibson has quit on them?  The Sabres i expect to give Tampa a fight tonight and then some.   I hope Luukenen is in net.  I wish they would keep the black and red jerseys.  I just wrote those useless jerks at the Sabres shop.  No market value for me stinking Eichel jersey.  Last jersey I ever buy and that includes Josh Allen.  Do not trust them at all.  I am going to put gold or blue tape over the name if I ever attend another game.