Chychrun to the Senators for three picks

If this is seriously all the return, i am at a loss.

Reproted that Chychrun after a year of rumors was dealt to the Senators for a first (top five protected) a first next year and a second next year.

Dont get me wrong, nice return, deep draft more kicks at the can, hell the Coyotes have like a million picks now over the next two drafts to where when they finally have a barn to play in and are no longer playing in some high school gym somewhere that they sprayed downa nd froze over they might actually be good. The thing is, Armstrong the GM has been amphatic he wanted a ready now prospect and picks at the least, if this is all he got i think it coulda been done a long time ago. I think the Wings deal with Hronek was to try to get in on Chychrun but Ottawa finalized their deal first.

Great add for Ottawa, love to see it, they now have Chabot, Sanderson and Chychrun as a damn fine core on the back end.

Great deal for Ottawa

Solid return for Arizona but a puzzling one

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

So....you're saying the Senators don't really need a reunion with Erik Karlsson? :ph34r:

Let me tell ya, i am a huge wing fan, everyone knows that, but i really, REALLY love what they are building in Ottawa. It was frsutrating for me as a Wings fan to watch the boys out played, outhit, out hustled, and ran out of the building two nights in a row to Ottawa essentially snuffing out the playoff hopes for the Wings. But man, in a game that has gotten softer the Senators can hit and hurt you or skate with you, you pick the style and they can beat you at it. So fun to watch. If they get goaltending they are a legit contender as soon as now. Sogaard is not the answer but not bad, Talbot is just a stop gap, i doubt they can address it until the offseason but man they are building something fun up there.

What a nice trade for Ottawa - they didn’t give up any of their top prospects or young players off their roster. They have next to no chance of getting into the playoffs this season, so they won't be reaching the 2023 ECF, and the pick will remain a 2nd … What a strange trade condition.

16 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Let me tell ya, i am a huge wing fan, everyone knows that, but i really, REALLY love what they are building in Ottawa. It was frsutrating for me as a Wings fan to watch the boys out played, outhit, out hustled, and ran out of the building two nights in a row to Ottawa essentially snuffing out the playoff hopes for the Wings. But man, in a game that has gotten softer the Senators can hit and hurt you or skate with you, you pick the style and they can beat you at it. So fun to watch. If they get goaltending they are a legit contender as soon as now. Sogaard is not the answer but not bad, Talbot is just a stop gap, i doubt they can address it until the offseason but man they are building something fun up there.

The game has changed, but Brady Tkachuk is a beauty of a throwback whose Give a Shlt/60 is off the charts. When he stood in front of the Wings bench the other night and asked who wanted it, and with no takers... Man... I got the distinct impression it was killing Mickey Redmond to see the lack of response. Ken Daniels was asking when the officials would get Tkachuk off the ice, and Redmond said "Or, heaven forbid, they could actually settle it with a fight."

------

The Coyotes are kind of joke of a franchise. They seem to exist primarily for other teams to dump salary and to develop players whom they can trade for magic beans when they reach their prime. I don't think this was a good deadline for Bill Armstrong – he tried to squeeze both Ken Holland and Rob Blake and when they both told him to stuff it, he turned around and panic traded Chychrun to the EC, which continues to get stronger yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

What a nice trade for Ottawa - they didn’t give up any of their top prospects or young players off their roster. They have next to no chance of getting into the playoffs this season, so they won't be reaching the 2023 ECF, and the pick will remain a 2nd … What a strange trade condition.

The game has changed, but Brady Tkachuk is a beauty of a throwback whose Give a Shlt/60 is off the charts. When he stood in front of the Wings bench the other night and asked who wanted it, and with no takers... Man... I got the distinct impression it was killing Mickey Redmond to see the lack of response. Ken Daniels was asking when the officials would get Tkachuk off the ice, and Redmond said "Or, heaven forbid, they could actually settle it with a fight."

------

The Coyotes are kind of joke of a franchise. They seem to exist primarily for other teams to dump salary and to develop players whom they can trade for magic beans when they reach their prime. I don't think this was a good deadline for Bill Armstrong – he tried to squeeze both Ken Holland and Rob Blake and when they both told him to stuff it, he turned around and panic traded Chychrun to the EC, which continues to get stronger yet.

Kind of a joke…?

• Haha 1