Winning goal kicked in by Islanders, refs admit as much, but Toronto reverses call and give Islanders a non earned win

Buffalo Rick

Talk about horrible calls and injustice in sports.   Last night  the refs on the ice called an apparent goal by the Islanders a kick in, and disallowed it.  Listening to the Islanders feed was sickening as they pretty much painted every picture the Isles way.  It was ruled no goal but after they looked at it in Toronto, whoever made the call had it in for the Sabres.  They do not want us in the playoffs.  And the rule states a kick in does not have to be kicked in with the skate.  I thought they would keep the refs ruling and it would remain 2-2 but as usual they screwed my team.  Im so sick of the damn officials doing crap that makes no sense and they simply get away with it.  There was no doubt he kicked it in. He was not skating and his momentum redirected. NO.  IT WAS KICKED INTO THE NET.  Its crap

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

18 minutes ago, musky said:

It was a deflection not a kick.

\image.thumb.jpeg.c7736c91dd859351a15406dc5ec76608.jpeg

Your kidding? You feel it was a justified ending?  It was just one more hit against a sport that is 4th in America.  Only soccer gets more disrespect.   He kicked it in.  Watch the damn replay

Yeah, sorry. That's a good goal.

I was cheering for the Sabres, too, but objectively that's a good goal.  There's no kicking there. The ref got it wrong, that's why it was overturned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, musky said:

It was a deflection not a kick.

\image.thumb.jpeg.c7736c91dd859351a15406dc5ec76608.jpeg

Yeah, there's simply no kicking motion there. It's not remotely about whether he uses the blade or not. There's simply no kick.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, sorry. That's a good goal.

I was cheering for the Sabres, too, but objectively that's a good goal.  There's no kicking there. The ref got it wrong, that's why it was overturned.

Are you kidding?  What were you watching?  That is not the way hockey was intended to be played.  I am sure you think that Hull's' Cup winning goal was legit too?  In 99?  By the rules of the day, it was no good.   Lets also turn the clock back to Kanes Cup winner vs your Flyers. Nobody really saw it go in until the replay.  Strange goal.  I believe Teresenko is still a bigger threat than Kane now.  For the Rangers moving forward . What say you?

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Are you kidding?  What were you watching?  That is not the way hockey was intended to be played.  I am sure you think that Hull's' Cup winning goal was legit too?  In 99?  By the rules of the day, it was no good.   Lets also turn the clock back to Kanes Cup winner vs your Flyers. Nobody really saw it go in until the replay.  Strange goal.  I believe Teresenko is still a bigger threat than Kane now.  For the Rangers moving forward . What say you?

By the rules of the day, this was not a kick. You can obfuscate with other subjects all you want, but a kick is a kick and there's no kick there.  Facts are facts. This is why it was such a quick overrule. There's simply no kick.

There's no wing flapping, either, in case you think you're seeing that too.  You have a tendency to see with emotion rather than eyes.

Tarasenko is a bigger threat than Kane depending upon who plays on what line.  Whichever plays with Zibby and Kreider will be the bigger threat.  I hope you're right and the lines don't change because at the deadline in fantasy I traded for Tarasenko (for a FIFTH round pick!) rather than Kane.

Honestly with the Wings out of it I would love to see Buffalo or Ottawa sneak into the last spot, both are fun teams to watch, flawed but young and make up for a lot of the flaws with youthful exuberance. I never thought i would say Buffalo is fun to watch but they are. They realy are. I would rather see them than the Islanders any day of the week.

That said, no distinct kicking motion-period. It went in off Faschings leg to be sure but no kick. A few years ago before they tweaked the rule a bit you mighta had an argument but no more. Good goal. As soon as i saw it go to Toronto for Review i knew where it was going, nobody is trying to cheat anyone, they just got it right according to the rules.

• Like 1

I thought the Brett Hull goal that beat Buffalo for the cup was not only a good goal but heartwarming as well. 

For the record, this is a distinct kicking motion 

Go Away Kick GIF by JcrOffroad

Edited by Samifan

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

By the rules of the day, this was not a kick. You can obfuscate with other subjects all you want, but a kick is a kick and there's no kick there.  Facts are facts. This is why it was such a quick overrule. There's simply no kick.

There's no wing flapping, either, in case you think you're seeing that too.  You have a tendency to see with emotion rather than eyes.

Tarasenko is a bigger threat than Kane depending upon who plays on what line.  Whichever plays with Zibby and Kreider will be the bigger threat.  I hope you're right and the lines don't change because at the deadline in fantasy I traded for Tarasenko (for a FIFTH round pick!) rather than Kane.

I think he is younger but unsure how much?  I still say it was a kick but we got screwed as usual.  I wish this year we were in West.  This is first time in ages East far tougher

34 minutes ago, NHL HHOF said:

I don't agree with him when he's parsing foot vs. leg.  There's no kicking motion either way. The skate is on the ice before the puck's arrival. There's simply no there there.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think he is younger but unsure how much?  I still say it was a kick but we got screwed as usual.  I wish this year we were in West.  This is first time in ages East far tougher

Since last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

What's really different is how far back the west is this year.  It's a chasm between the two. That said, I still wouldn't be surprised if a team from the west wins the cup.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:22 PM, ruxpin said:

Since last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

What's really different is how far back the west is this year.  It's a chasm between the two. That said, I still wouldn't be surprised if a team from the west wins the cup.

Colorado, Vegas or maybe the Kings?  The Kings are really the enigma in all of this.  They could be the most overlooked and dangerous team.  How the hell did they get back on track this fast?  I know they are in a far bigger market than our teams and that helps teams like them and the Rangers.  Can spend spend and spend.  But even if the Kings get there, and its iffy at best, I take Boston over anyone until they are beaten.   To me their biggest fear would come from maybe the Rangers, who my reeling Sabres face today, and the Leafs who have the firepower and also now are playing well on defense.  Carolina also must be respected very much.  I hate the SOB's an hope they crash.  I dont care if Boston or Rangers or Leafs win.  All original six.  And NO, I do not consider Tampa a threat any more.  Even my young Sabres beat them last two.   And they were all in to beat us in both of those games. Maybe I have overlooked Dallas?  We will see.  But the Sabres lopsided loss the other night to me was a fluke and Comrie.  We beat them in Dallas. 

• Like 1