Tortorella sitting in press box recently

Samifan

I have been on board with every comment and move Tortorella has made this season but I’m a bit baffled by his decision to be in the press box the last few games. Torts has known since game 40 which players need to stay and go and it doesn’t take multiple games to give his list to Briere.

I also don’t know what the point of letting Shaw and Thompson be “the head coach” for a game or two each. Presuming Torts returns as coach, you have to think he’s bringing them both back so I don’t get it. 

Could Torts be lobbying Briere to put a word in for him to be the next President of Hockey Ops for the Flyers?

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

• Samifan changed the title to Tortorella sitting in press box recently

idk, I see him and Briere laughing and talking a lot and I have to like that they seem to be getting along well. Have to hope Torts is pointing out all the reasons certain guys need to be gone and is filling Danny's head with good ideas.

58 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I would love to see them scratch anyone not apart of the plan for the future these final games!

I think they would but after the trade deadline you're only allowed 4 recalls till the end of the season unless there are injuries so they wouldn't be able to dress enough guys.

So at this point all he is allowed to do is reduce their ice time and staple their asses to the bench till they can get rid of them at the end of the season....what he should do is call JVR and Hayes and whoever else the fcuk out.

Just do it!!! I think some dead weight will be cleaved off this summer.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think they would but after the trade deadline you're only allowed 4 recalls till the end of the season unless there are injuries so they wouldn't be able to dress enough guys.

So at this point all he is allowed to do is reduce their ice time and staple their asses to the bench till they can get rid of them at the end of the season....what he should do is call JVR and Hayes and whoever else the fcuk out.

Just do it!!! I think some dead weight will be cleaved off this summer.

Notwithstanding his deflection goal last night, I think JVR is a spent force.  I am not sure if anyone will want him next year on a 1-year, 1 million deal.  Per the game thread, I think Tyler Pitlick is more cost-effective and has better effort and wheels.  Hayes is a different story.  I wonder who will take him off our hands.  He just floats.  There's talk CBJ wants him.  I hope that's right.  

• Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Hayes is a different story.  I wonder who will take him off our hands. 

I think he will join Johnny Hockey in Columbus. I can't wait for it to be announced....i'll be waiting.

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

More truth serum!!!

I would love to see them scratch anyone not apart of the plan for the future these final games!

I'd love that too. At the same time though you don't want to make everything public. You don't want to diminish their trade value (if they have any) and you don't want it out there that you want to get rid of player X in case it's impossible to move them and you get stuck with them. 

Given their cap and contract lengths and so forth it's going to be hard for Briere to move everyone he'd likely want to move (and Torts would want to move) but hopefully he gets as much as possible done. 

• Like 1