New Flyers Head Coach(es)?

CoachX

I love Torts! :VeryCool:

Dude has coached the last handful of games from the press box, and per rumors, a least one game from his office. I don't think this has anything to do with tanking :lol: , pbbbt. Yeah, right! But hey, at least one "ass" coach has some stones. According to Rocky Thompson, some players DGAF. He was quoted saying,  “Quite frankly, it looks like some guys in here don’t even care, They’re just not trying.” He went on to say, “I’m not going to call out anybody individually, but your teammates know, and you know.”  “I’ll give everybody another chance, and if you’re going to (try), then I’ll keep playing you.”

Now, I'm totally confused :dizzysmiley-1: Who could he possibly be talking about?

33 minutes ago, CoachX said:

In other news, Kevin Hayes said this,

“Yeah, I mean, my role has tremendously changed.”  “They’re building for the future. You can see who’s part of it and who isn’t.”

“My role has been diminishing for months here. I’ve accepted it.” :baby:

Good ....get him the hell out of town ....... 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Good ....get him the hell out of town ....... 

sounds to me like the writings on the wall and he's accepting his fate with the Flyers. As I understand he has a 12 team list he can be traded to. Does that mean he could waive and be traded to a team not on his list?

• Like 1

Interesting find RE: current ice-time.  You can see who Torts is playing a lot and who is having their ice-time reduced.

Note: This graph represents Forwards only ......

image.thumb.png.612d1787a79681a1f55bce6d6f29edd1.png

Pretty obvious that those having their ice-time increased: Tippett / Konecny (since his return) / Cates / Foerster / Laughton / Farabee / Frost.

Those having reduced minutes ... and it should be NO surprise: Hayes / JVR / Deslauriers / Bellows / MacEwen.

“With (JvR) and Kevin — especially those two — I’ve used kids everywhere, in all situations and it’s hurt their ice time,” Tortorella said on Tuesday.

Youngsters like Owen Tippett, Morgan Frost, Joel Farabee, Noah Cates and even Tyson Foerster are eating up the minutes in the second half of the season — minutes that used to go to Hayes.

“I have to go about this the way I think I need to go about it in these games remaining and give the kids looks in all situations,” Tortorella said.

Hayes said. “I also don’t think I’ve been given — not that I’m complaining about it — but think I’ve lost kind of opportunities to do that.”

Tortorella, for his part, concurred with Hayes’ assessment.

“I think it’s been a struggle scoring and developing offense,” Tortorella said of Hayes. “I haven’t put him in as many situations as I have earlier in the year. Because I’m looking at other people.”

His work ethic leaves so much to be desired. He's gotten lazier by the season. I've never seen a more clear case of a guy checking out than him this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

sounds to me like the writings on the wall and he's accepting his fate with the Flyers. As I understand he has a 12 team list he can be traded to. Does that mean he could waive and be traded to a team not on his list?

Yes, he can be traded to any team he accepts being traded to. 

The problem is finding a team who wants a lazy overpaid over termed slug who quit once he made the NHL.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The problem is finding a team who wants a lazy overpaid over termed slug who quit once he made the NHL.

Im sure there is another Chuk-fuk hiding out there, waiting to score this big fish

On 4/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, flyercanuck said:

whichever team hires Chuck Taylor next season :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1