Who's everyone cheering for now that our teams are finished?

Buffalo Rick

I am cheering for the Leafs in the East and Seattle in the West.  I believe that Vegas will win the West.  The East?  Its Boston's to lose.  But the Leafs have a shot.  I also must say that Edmonton is truly a sleeper in the West.  Cant rule them out and they are playing their best right now

Edited by Hockey Junkie
  • Like 1

The Bruins should win the East, Jersey could actually be a dark horse.  I don't like the Leafs chances.  Panthers are fodder over a 7-game series; they just can't bring it every night.   And something is wrong in Tampa.

I'm ashamed as a Flyers' fan to say it, but I'm cheering for the Rangers or the Devils.   I just disllike the Bruins, their players, their fans, and (particularly) their announcers more than the NY Metro teams.

Out west: 

The Jets will win their first round bout with Vegas.  It's possibly the worst first round draw possible for Vegas.

It'll come down to the Avalanche or the Wild.  I just like what the Wild have put together so thats who I'm cheering for.   Dallas could be a dark horse.  I don't like Edmonton for playoff hockey and don't like their goaltending.  And LA isn't quite ready yet.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The Bruins should win the East, Jersey could actually be a dark horse.  I don't like the Leafs chances.  Panthers are fodder over a 7-game series; they just can't bring it every night.   And something is wrong in Tampa.

I'm ashamed as a Flyers' fan to say it, but I'm cheering for the Rangers or the Devils.   I just disllike the Bruins, their players, their fans, and (particularly) their announcers more than the NY Metro teams.

Out west: 

The Jets will win their first round bout with Vegas.  It's possibly the worst first round draw possible for Vegas.

It'll come down to the Avalanche or the Wild.  I just like what the Wild have put together so thats who I'm cheering for.   Dallas could be a dark horse.  I don't like Edmonton for playoff hockey and don't like their goaltending.  And LA isn't quite ready yet.  

I think you are dead wrong on Winnipeg beating anyone.  Vegas will roll them.  And Florida has no shot, I agree with you there and totally disagree with the above poster picking them to play Vegas.  What a joke.   The Leafs are better than you think .  I give the Leafs the beset chance of any other team beating Boston.  Rangers and Devils are good but Devils are more dangerous of the two because they have a lock down defense and if they can get the lead they are tough to beat. But they are no offensive monster.  If they do not get the lead they are in trouble.  Its tough to pick against Boston with the season they had.  But Ill take a shot with the Leafs. I am all in on Vegas to win the West.  Colorado has bigger problems than even Tampa does. The Kings are the true sleepers in the West.  So Vegas over either Kings or Dallas or Edmonton in the West and Boston or Toronto in the East.  Toronto has had the Devils number for years. They have to find a way to win a one goal game vs Boston.  Mathhews and Marner and Tavares is a beastly combo.  Better than any 3 Boston can put out there.  Pasternak and Marchand is their answer. 

4 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Hurts man.... Hurts.

GO BRUINS Go Flam....wait, dammit.

LOL!    As a group.   Not the fantastic person who happens to be a Bruins fan here on our board.   🙃

If you were a Capitals fan, that would be a dealbreaker.

Actually, I don't have much problem with Bruins fans; it's largely their PxP announcers and some players.   But this largely goes back to the 74 Cup run and our idiot GM trading Propp and Poulin to Boston (which caused me to cheer for the Bruins briefly).

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

I like Edmonton ....but as you mentioned their goaltending is still their Achilles Heel.

Yeah, this is definitely the more legitimate of my Edmonton concerns -- if I cared about Edmonton--or the playoffs at this point.  I'm really only watching like a starving person standing in the rain watching a happy couple through a window while they chomp on 3 michelin food 

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, this is definitely the more legitimate of my Edmonton concerns -- if I cared about Edmonton--or the playoffs at this point.  I'm really only watching like a starving person standing in the rain watching a happy couple through a window while they chomp on 3 michelin food 

interesting analogy .......

For all the bitching and moaning we do about our own team and GM I am speechless how the Oilers FA refuses to go out and get legit goaltending.  And please don't give the speech about signing Campbell (not directed at you) ...... he was lighting in a bottle with the Laffs and fools gold ........  Skinner "might" be the answer but then again using your analogy ....that handsome couple "might" be eating 3 star michelin food .....

Edited by pilldoc

Some not-to-be-true bold predictions:

• If they beat Tampa, the Leafs will play the SC final
  • No SC final for Boston
  • Seattle for the Cinderella run
  • Gustavsson will be the best play-off goalie
  • Tarasenko will end up as a healthy scratch
  • Carolina will lose in round #2

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:35 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I think you are dead wrong on Winnipeg beating anyone.

Yeah, I wouldn't put money on Winnipeg or anything.  Just my sleeper pick I'm cheering for.  

On 4/13/2023 at 11:37 AM, Math said:

Some not-to-be-true bold predictions:

• If they beat Tampa, the Leafs will play the SC final
  • No SC final for Boston
  • Seattle for the Cinderella run
  • Gustavsson will be the best play-off goalie
  • Tarasenko will end up as a healthy scratch
  • Carolina will lose in round #2

I agree with some of what you say.   I have your Stars as my second pick behind Vegas in the West.  Seattle I am cheering for but I am not sure they can beat Dallas or Vegas

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, pilldoc said:

interesting analogy .......

For all the bitching and moaning we do about our own team and GM I am speechless how the Oilers FA refuses to go out and get legit goaltending.  And please don't give the speech about signing Campbell (not directed at you) ...... he was lighting in a bottle with the Laffs and fools gold ........  Skinner "might" be the answer but then again using your analogy ....that handsome couple "might" be eating 3 star michelin food .....

I actually like Campbell over Skinner but I guessing whoever wins stays in this playoff run...

On 4/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I wouldn't put money on Winnipeg or anything.  Just my sleeper pick I'm cheering for.  

Naw I'm thinking Winnipeg and Florida could upset the top seeds...

• Like 1

Cheering for Toronto...thinking either the Rangers or Hurricanes or Toronto wins the Cup...thinking Minnesota and Florida and Winnipeg can upset in the first round...and that Edmonton and Colorado have best chance in the West...