Makar's hit on McCann - One Game Suspension

Brewin Flames

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I don't think it was a major penalty either.

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I don't think it was a major penalty as I mentioned above, McCann was sideways when he was initially hit.  However, after rereading the rules and outcomes, I can easily see why it "should" be a 5 minute major and no more.

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I can see a 5 minute major here but not  suspension worthy IMO.

I'm wrong ....not afraid to admit when I am wrong.  After watching and re-watching many have brought up great points.  Initially I thought it looked like shoulder to shoulder.  However, the way the arm comes up into the head of McCann the hit is definitely way more severe.  I don't think he had intent to injure. I'm ok with 1 game suspension.

• Like 2

This is not a good game for Makar to be out.

Seattle will be up on their skates, has already won in Denver, and now the Avs are down Makar.

These split-second, impulsive decisions can have serious, series-changing consequences.

A fair question is when/whether McCann will be back. But I wouldn't want to be Colorado going back to Seattle down 3-2...

• Like 1

Wonder how much is 1 game suspension affected team chemistry?  If he is not suspended does Seattle still win ......  hmmmmm?

His hit "might" have cost the Avs the series .......

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Wonder how much is 1 game suspension affected team chemistry?  If he is not suspended does Seattle still win ......  hmmmmm?

His hit "might" have cost the Avs the series .......

-Landeskog out due to injury

-Makar out for the 1 game suspension

-Nichushkin out for... misadventures

Those are major pieces out for some or all of the series, and it hurt.

• Like 1

I'd say the Nichushkin soap opera might have broken something. He's a guy that could've been a game-changer there. When asked about it, Rantanen immediately skipped the question. Not so sure about Makar being absent for one single game, The Avs had a 17-5-3 record without him in the line-up and they had the depth to overcome it. Landeskog was out the entire season and Colorado still won the Central.

Anyway, very happy for the upset. Not only because they are a fun team but because if the Stars lose against them in the next round, I'll be totally fine with it.

• Like 1