Kevin Hayes Simply HAS to go. Briere, make it so.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Anyway I’m not sure it’s such a great idea jettisoning Sanheim.

Leafs want Sanheim so there are other suitors. I'm good with him being gone or tied to a 1st round pick or a prospect who is close and young. It's fluid with him.

Edit: I may have confused with above.

I think the names leaked are gone just now they go may be very different and i hope kept closer to the vest....seemed like someone or either side started leaking shat and it blew it up once other teams were involved for all we know it could have been a plan to move too and something like not waiving sends it all up in smoke.

Hayes

Sanheim

TDA

Laughton 

All may be gone. Just different deals now.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I guess all at once was too good to be true. 

With Krug, I would assume they were thinking a temporary thing. Probably felt he had better veteran presence/character than the guys being departed and they'd hope he bounced back a little and then they could flip him down the line (probably eating salary). I doubt he was a guy they actually wanted. More like someone they'd have reluctantly taken to make the deal happen and get rid of Hayes. Non issue now anyway. 

There was talk of a double flip. St. Louis eating half his salary and then we eat half of the half and he goes back to Boston but I guess that's a no go too. Have to wonder if they'll buy out Krug then. Can't be a good situation going forward there.