Kevin Hayes Simply HAS to go. Briere, make it so.

30 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Columbus losing interest so where oh where can we send him..........

What should they do if they can't trade him after retaining 50% of his salary?

Asking for friend?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Columbus losing interest so where oh where can we send him..........

absolutely any-fcking-where! I hate KEVIN HAYES 🤬

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What should they do if they can't trade him after retaining 50% of his salary?

Asking for friend?

give him a broom

He won't be as easy a move as Provorov given salary, age, and "capacity."  Remember, addition by subtraction will have costs.  We took Cal Peterson.  I am not sure where he fits.  Where does Hayes fit in a cap-constrained world?

43 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

He won't be as easy a move as Provorov given salary, age, and "capacity."  Remember, addition by subtraction will have costs.  We took Cal Peterson.  I am not sure where he fits.  Where does Hayes fit in a cap-constrained world?

Honestly as a $4M player he fits pretty well somewhere else.

He was an All Star. :hocky:

Seriously though retain $3M and take a 4th and run with it.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I suspect, because he was an "allstar" Briere is still in the stage of trying to get something for him. I hope, he just doesn't wait too long holding to that ask. 

In real estate, for the right price, any house will sell and it's the same for hockey players. For the right deal there will be a buyer. Even if it's low. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, radoran said:

Honestly as a $4M player he fits pretty well somewhere else.

He was an All Star. :hocky:

Seriously though retain $3M and take a 4th and run with it.

Now I didn't watch many games from start to finish this season but I'll be damned if I can think of one play that Hayes has made that made me go "Wow"     

Baffles me that he's an All-Star :dizzysmiley-1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesesteak said:

Now I didn't watch many games from start to finish this season but I'll be damned if I can think of one play that Hayes has made that made me go "Wow"     

Somebody on the Flyers had to be. It's become the participation ribbon instead of the best players.

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Somebody on the Flyers had to be. It's become the participation ribbon instead of the best players.

Hayes going to the allstar game was probably a condolence move for his family tragedy. The all star game is just one more hockey issue with bett turd stink on it. ( see John Scott). Hayes is one of many problems Danny B has inherited from the chucktard. Getting him off the books asap is the goal here. I don't think a buyout is the best way to do it. Trading him with a pick is the way to go. Along with TDA. And Ellis. And Coots' contract. And Sanheims' contract. And Ristolainen. Amazing how crippling Chucktard was to this franchise. Happy Fathers Day !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheesesteak said:

43 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What is this thing called the "All Star" Game?  Haven't watched it in years since they changed the format.... which I hate.

Agree with @flyercanuck  they had to pick somebody from the Flyers out of mercy ......

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Hayes going to the allstar game was probably a condolence move for his family tragedy.

I am sorry what his family had to go through that is horrible and no family should have to go through that.... but ..with that said ....I want him off this team.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 2

re: All-Star Kevin Hayes. I hope Briere doesn’t retain more than 25 or 30%. I know I’ve been saying ever since he got to Philly, “get rid of this guy whatever it takes.” Now I’m not so sure. Maybe “whatever” up to 30%.

Is it smart to have an automatic $3.55mil ding on the Flyers’ salary cap for the next 3 years? $1,775,000 (25%) is a whole lot easier to stomach. I’m asking not arguing. Do you make the deal if that’s the only way to move him? $3.55 million until 2026-27 is a killer. Should it be a deal-breaker? 

//rant

good lord Fletcher how could you be so fkng stupid? Any of the Senior Advisors (who must’ve okayed it) care to chime in? Please tell us what Kevin Hayes could possibly bring that was worth FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS?

//rant

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

re: All-Star Kevin Hayes. I hope Briere doesn’t retain more than 25 or 30%. I know I’ve been saying ever since he got to Philly, “get rid of this guy whatever it takes.” Now I’m not so sure. Maybe “whatever” up to 30%.

Is it smart to have an automatic $3.55mil ding on the Flyers’ salary cap for the next 3 years? $1,775,000 (25%) is a whole lot easier to stomach. I’m asking not arguing. Do you make the deal if that’s the only way to move him? $3.55 million until 2026-27 is a killer. Should it be a deal-breaker? 

//rant

good lord Fletcher how could you be so fkng stupid? Any of the Senior Advisors (who must’ve okayed it) care to chime in? Please tell us what Kevin Hayes could possibly bring that was worth FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS?

//rant

The team isn't going to be competitive in the next 3 years, so just like Hextall following Holmgren, Briere should focus on getting rid of Fletchers bad contracts for the next few years. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Please tell us what Kevin Hayes could possibly bring that was worth FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS?

They won a playoff round?

They needed a 2C for the next season, they looked at the best available candidates, and signed Hayes for seven years.

In fairness, they won a playoff round as the most memorable achievement of the past decade of Flyers hockey.

So there's that.

:toast:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, radoran said:

They needed a 2C for the next season, they looked at the best available candidates, and signed Hayes for seven years.

Right. I guess that's it. Apparently Fletcher and Co. just gave the guy what he wanted, including a modified NTC. It boggles the mind how anyone who evaluated Kevin Hayes thought he was the "best available" but I know you're right that's exactly what they did.

12 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The team isn't going to be competitive in the next 3 years, so just like Hextall following Holmgren, Briere should focus on getting rid of Fletchers bad contracts for the next few years. 

I agree the immediate need is to clear out the bad contracts, of which Hayes' is the worst. It's just $3.55mil is a huge hit to the salary cap. And while you're rebuilding a roster you kinda want as much cap space as you can possibly get.

On the glass half full side we'd be getting rid of Hayes while "saving" $3.55mil. From that perspective it's a great idea!

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I agree the immediate need is to clear out the bad contracts, of which Hayes' is the worst.

Well in fairness to Fletcher, most of the contracts he signed were the worst.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

On the glass half full side we'd be getting rid of Hayes while "saving" $3.55mil. From that perspective it's a great idea!

And - theoretically - getting a pick.

They don't need cap space for the relatively young roster they will have for the next few years, they will need it when it is time to be making next steps.

Tragically for Hextall that "next step" with cap space was JVR.

That was the fallacy of Scott's "spend to the cap" mantra. It's not THAT you spent to the cap, it's WHAT you spent it on

They're likely planning to stash Peterson and eat that cap hit.

They will be fine eating half of Hayes' contract.

• Like 3

The money argument is solid. I get it. They way I look at it, the roster spot is worth the money. If you are trying to build a young team from the ground up, you need all the time possible to let those players grow and mesh together. I will assume these will be young players with dreams of making a huge contract.  Keeping a lame duck player who won't perform at his best, and wont want to be there, will clash with the above objectives. Then you mix in how he goes about financially,  in a lackadaisical manner, and that is a bad optic for a young player. Assuming I am even in the ballpark with this assessment,  Torts will spend a huge amount of time putting his foot up KH arse, causing a drama I wouldn't want around my team

They need to remove him, whatever the cost. It will pay off in the long run

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The money argument is solid. I get it. They way I look at it, the roster spot is worth the money. If you are trying to build a young team from the ground up, you need all the time possible to let those players grow and mesh together. I will assume these will be young players with dreams of making a huge contract.  Keeping a lame duck player who won't perform at his best, and wont want to be there, will clash with the above objectives. Then you mix in how he goes about financially,  in a lackadaisical manner, and that is a bad optic for a young player. Assuming I am even in the ballpark with this assessment,  Torts will spend a huge amount of time putting his foot up KH arse, causing a drama I wouldn't want around my team

They need to remove him, whatever the cost. It will pay off in the long run

I agree about the culture clash. Completely. I get the argument. OR made a similar one, and he wasn't wrong about not wanting the stink of him to permeate the "new day."

I'm hoping they can move him (despite limited NMC) some way other than a buyout.  I just don't see the cap going up and the extended dead money will be killer.  I really do think a competent GM can move him.  If Fletcher was still GM I'd yell, "buyout," because 1) he wasn't competent and 2) we wouldn't be hoping about being better in three years.   The jury is still out on Briere, obviously, but I think he can move him rather than buyout.  Even if it's for a 7th rounder it's a win.

• Like 3