Flyers Training Camp

pilldoc

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/09/22/torts-flyers-locker-room-needed-to-change-john-tortorella-philadelphia-kevin-hayes-tony-deangelo-ivan-provorov/

“Our room needed to change,” Tortorella said. “When you subtract people, it allows the room to open up, it allow people to speak. Allow people to show maybe who they are.

Rough First Day
Tortorella’s training camps are notoriously difficult. The boys skated and skated some more on Day One Thursday.

“There were some struggles but I thought they finished what they needed to finish,” Tortorella said. “It was our first day of skating as a test. But I was happy with how it went.

“You look at Cam York out there. It was an absolute horror show … After the second rep, and I could tell he was done.

“But I watched Yorkie, he finished every time. I found him right after his route through it [skating drills]. It’s probably the most emotion I’ve seen out of Yorkie. I can’t tell you what he said to me about that test, but he finished.

“That’s the key; that’s building a standard of what you have to do. That’s my thinking. I thought they could handle it.

----------------------------

That's all a majority of us want ......  that these players are ALL held to some type of standard and accountability  ..... from the most seasoned vet all they way down to the green rookie.

I don't think that was there in past seasons .......

• Like 3

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/09/22/torts-to-flyers-prospects-land-of-opportunity-here-john-tortorella-philadelphia-nhl-rookies-opportunity/

We’ve known the situation the entire offseason. Flyers president Keith Jones told us. General manager Daniel Briere said so. At the opening day of training camp, Philadelphia Flyers coach John Tortorella confirmed it.

More than that, Tortorella all but gave his all-important seal of approval.

The Philadelphia Flyers’ rebuild means there could be jobs available with the big club when the regular season starts on Oct. 12. And not just one or two jobs.

“This thing’s wide open,” Tortorella said Thursday at the opening of Flyers Training Camp. “We certainly don’t have all the answers as far as what our lineup is. I thought guys progressed last year, some of our kids, especially our forwards ended progressing quite a bit.

“It’s a land of opportunity here.”

Jones and Briere have emphasized the necessity of young players getting their chance to play in the NHL.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wonder how long they go before trying to rekindle some of that WJC20 magic with Farabee??

Call the Isles up see what they want for Wahlstrom??? Am i the only one who remembers that team?

I'm hopeful that we see familiar pairs put together. I'm hopeful we'll witness some serious thinking outside the box. Everything is on the table. 

• Like 1

First cuts have been made:

The Flyers have released:

• Jonathan Fauchon (F)
  • Sam Sedley (D)

The Flyers haver reassigned:

• Denver Barkey (F) was sent to London of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL)
  • Carter Sotheran (D) was sent to Portland of the Western Hockey League (WHL).
  • Oliver Bonk (D) loaned to London (OHL). 

Loaned to Lehigh Valley (AHL):

Alexis Gendron (F)

Zayde Wisdom (F)

Mason Millman (D)

Ethan Samson (D)

Will Zmolek (D)

In addition, the Flyers have released defenseman Adam Karashik and goaltender Nolan Maier from their professional try-outs (PTO) and both will report to the Phantoms.

On 9/30/2023 at 7:00 PM, pilldoc said:

Loaned to Lehigh Valley (AHL):

Alexis Gendron (F)

Zayde Wisdom (F)

Mason Millman (D)

Ethan Samson (D)

Will Zmolek (D)

In addition, the Flyers have released defenseman Adam Karashik and goaltender Nolan Maier from their professional try-outs (PTO) and both will report to the Phantoms.

Wisdom - Desnoyers - Gendron

If Puckhead can't put that together as a line, then he should be **** canned. Enough messing around. Let these guys play and build chemistry together.