Wild vs Blue Jackets; Saturday 10/21/23; 7 p.m. CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

5 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Things will even out.
But keeping in their mirrors would be a good thing.

That was exactly  my message to keep in their mirrors. But we lost again. Not acceptable for us. Not sure if we will be able to win next game on Tuesday  against Oilers,  which is capable to score a lot.

I was not able to watch the game tonight (came home about an hour ago from our 110th St.Mary's Romanian Orthodox Church Anniversary celebration), but from my understanding Gustavsson was busy tonight by stopping 51 shots out of 56 during regulation  and  OT. They outshoot  us almost  2 times more, which means we made not enough efforts to win this game. But at least we have got 1 point.

Ryan Hartman shouldn't be near 3-on-3 overtime.  Overall the Wild were outworked and outplayed by Columbus.  Minnesota was settling for perimeter shots for much of the game.  

In 3-on-3 the Wild were way too nonchalant with the puck and some pretty half-hearted defensive play gave Jack Roslovic a lane to attack and he buried it.  They didn't deserve to win last night and they didn't.  We looked like a tired team after having two days off (at home).  

Addison reminds me more and more of Matt Dumba.  Maroon has better 1-on-1 moves than he generally gets credit for.  I'd rather see him on the power play than seeing Marcus Foligno anywhere near it.  Eriksson Ek is really the only forward who I think is playing at the level we expect.  The rest are mostly underperforming.  

• Like 2