Wild vs Sabres; Friday 11/10/23; 6 p.m. CT; KeyBank Center Arena

Alexandron

We have a chance  to win this game. Entire team should be motivated to win this one. Predicting our win with a score 4:3 or in regulation; or in OT; or in SO. It does not matter how we should win this game, but it matters to start winning in permanent mode. Probably, Greenway will be motivated to play against us too. Last night we showed a nice strong 2nd period of pretty competitive play. Are we capable to repeat that play in entire 60 minutes tonight?

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

We have a chance  to win this game. Entire team should be motivated to win this one. Predicting our win with a score 4:3 or in regulation; or in OT; or in SO. It does not matter how we should win this game, but it matters to start winning in permanent mode. Probably, Greenway will be motivated to play against us too. Last night we showed a nice strong 2nd period of pretty competitive play. Are we capable to repeat that play in entire 60 minutes tonight?

I will flip this post and say we, meaning the Buffalo Sabres,  can win this game with fair to good goaltending.  Vs an underachieving bunch in Minnesota.  They scare me not!!!!!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

I will flip this post and say we, meaning the Buffalo Sabres,  can win this game with fair to good goaltending.  Vs an underachieving bunch in Minnesota.  They scare me not!!!!!

Thanks for posting here. Yes, you have a chance to win this game too. The better team will be the winner. No doubt.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Rick said:

😁 We aren't known to scare anyone usually. 
But we do have some more beef in the lineup so behave yourselves. :P
Should be a fun spirited game.

4 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Fleury played last night and played pretty well. Our team was not too good in front of him. Probably Gustavsson will start tonight.

I'm sorry I have no faith in Fleury. He cost the Pens to  much! Much more than what little he did for us!

5 hours ago, Buffalo Rick said:

The better team does not always win in this sports where lucky bounces can make or break you.  

Actually, I placed similar message during our last playoffs season when we played against Dallas. We had a chance to win that round, but didn't have lucky bounces to pass 1st round. I even put a percentage on 70% plays the role of better team and 30% luck during the game.

Regarding underachieving bunch in Minnesota is a big question who is more underachieving team Minnesota or Buffalo? ClusterChuck is right Wild never scarred any team. But we made 10 playoffs seasons since 2012. We passed 1st round in 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons and missed only playoffs in 2018-19 season. Regarding article on April 4;2023 from Athletic, Buffalo Sabres missed playoffs for 12 straight seasons, the longest active drought in pro sports. The Sabres last played in a playoff game in April, 2011. Every team in the league (besides the newly Kraken) has played at least 25 playoff games since then. Six NHL teams have played 100 playoff games since April, 2011.

• Good Post 1

28 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I'm sorry I have no faith in Fleury. He cost the Pens to  much! Much more than what little he did for us!

We hope that he will make for us at least the same as he did for Penguins. Any little is valuable a lot for Minnesota. He is making a history for NHL as well as for our club too at this time. Just needs to have 6 more wins to be a second goalie in NHL history with 551 wins.

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Grave robbing is illegal I believe. ;)
What was the penalty at the start? I was getting my coffee and come back to a PK. :P

Grave robbing??? and tripping by JEEK

Edited by bbgarnett

3 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Grave robbing??? and tripping by JEEK

Ah OK, Thanks.
Those 2 have been around forever and been everywhere but here.
Would've been nice back around the Yeo years and after.

Edited by ClusterChuck