Wild vs Canucks; Saturday 12/16/23; 1:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

ClusterChuck

Not to heap a bunch of praise on the enemy team tonight, but what Tocchet and the front office have done with that Vancouver squad is pretty remarkable.

They went from being a 'soft as single ply toilet paper' team, to being a bit more hard nosed, quicker to the attack, and the goalies, whether Demko or DeSmith (a backup goalie I've been wanting the Wild to get for a few years!), playing outstanding.

The front office took out the soft/dead weight, brought in some sterner players, and Tocchet's no-nonsense style seems to be steering those guys in the right direction.

Minnesota doing quite well containing that squad to just a single goal to this point.
Now....if only the Wild can generate more goals themselves, as I somehow feel this game will come down to a single missed opportunity...or a single capitalized opportunity.
Just has that feel.

• Good Post 2

11 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I wonder is Kap was so used to having Zucc on his line, He just can't do what he does with other linemates.
That and he looks to be only about 70-80% of his normal ability.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello had the best chemistry in Kaprizov's career here. I am still thinking that Kaprizov has a home sick period because was not abled to visit home more than a year. We need to bring more Russian speaking players to the team to diminish his home sickness. He is a very valuable player for the team. His best production (47 goals; 61 assists;108 points)  for the Wild was in 2021-22 year when we had his friend Kulikov in our team. Canucks , for example, has 3 Russian players Kuzmenko; Mikheev; Zadorov. Mainly because of that issue. And some other teams have 2-4 players too. 

Still Kaprizov has almost a point per game this season. In 27 played games he has 24 points (8 goals;16 assists). Of course, we would like to see more shots and more goals from him. But something is not clicking yet.

12 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

Touchdown addison 😄

I didn't get this post at first...

Was thinking...first off, Calen Addison isn't even playing on the Wild...
Second, if he was responsible for giving up an opportunity for a SEVENTH goal against, well, that is San Jose's problem now... 

I see now what you are talking about! 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Freakin Merrill...wide open space, couldn't handle the outlet pass, and coughs it back up leading to a Vancouver opportunity.

That guy really needs to go...

We do not have other options. Brodin and Spurgeon are injured.

• Like 1