Wild vs Flames; Tuesday 01/02/24; 7 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

17 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I’m not expecting a whole lot tonight. You don’t replace Kaprizov, Zuccarello, and Foligno and with Petan, Lucchini, and Walker and not lose production…

Walker showed some of his play we saw  last season on a couple shifts.
He needs to take a page from Rossi's book on how he turned his game around.

• Like 1

I'm going to guess that JTG's bantam would look for better scoring positions than the  Wild's PP.

Right next to the net on your offside or too far away. 

• Like 3

Great insight Lapanta. Fleury was unable to celebrate in game #1000 because the wild lost and if Fleury wants to celebrate tonight the Wild will have to come back and win.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Well done Goose, now you know why you're on the 3rd pair.

At least we haven't heard his wife complain about his playing time.
:P
Now she can see why it was like that.

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

At least we haven't heard his wife complain about his playing time.
:P
Now she can see why it was like that.

A couple more plays like that and he can be replaced by Merrill. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Foligno out too?? This is going to be a rough couple of weeks and all these guys were playing well.
This is the cr4p you get when you 'Defund' the self policing by hitting them hard with penalties for instigating-10 min misc and a Match.
Nobody wants to take the risk of shorting their team by engaging. Maybe an extra 5 over the 5 for fighting but that's it.
Can't let actions by guys like Dillon go unpunished.

Now we overplay Fleury and probably burn him out too.
Maybe the guys will pull together and work through all this...

How about to bring Wallstedt here to prevent over burning Fleury until Gustavsson will be recovered? He is more important here than in Iowa. Because McTyre has worst record there.

17 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I'll go Wild 4
Flames 3

You are really like that score.😁  For at least next 2 weeks better to predict 3:4 or 0:4. Our crucial now forwards Boldy, Rossi, EEK for production practically stopped producing without Kaprizov and/or Zuccarello. Our perspectives for a playoffs spot don't look promising.

17 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I like the optimism you think we'll get 2. 😁

You were right to be skeptical on placing more than one goal by us in opponent net last game. I was skeptical too when was listening all 3 periods on radio at Litchfield yesterday evening. Fleury kept us in a game by allowing only 2 goals in his net. Sadly, we didn't used that chance.

Boldy, Rossi , EEK and Johansson, please, step up at this tough time for the team as well as defensemen too to help in production.

23 hours ago, Alexandron said:

How about to bring Wallstedt here to prevent over burning Fleury until Gustavsson will be recovered? He is more important here than in Iowa. Because McTyre has worst record there.

I heard he might be injured too...
But mostly I think they don't want to burn a year of his contract by bring him up and not part of the main plan.
Not sure how that works tho.

Now Spurgeon is back on the IR ....
Also haven't heard anything on Foligno's injury either. 

We need Boldy to replicate what he did last season when Kap was out. Rossi is fine, EK is due for some goals. Mojo and Freddie need to step it up too.
It was Deja-Vu the last 2 games falling down 2-0 with the 2nd goal very late in the period. That has to stop if we want a chance at any points.
We had chances in all 3 games and fell short.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:30 PM, IllaZilla said:

I’m not expecting a whole lot tonight. You don’t replace Kaprizov, Zuccarello, and Foligno and with Petan, Lucchini, and Walker and not lose production…

Flames are not exactly lighting up the scoreboard either...