Minnesota Wild at Dallas Stars 1/10/24 6:30 pm central TNT coverage

Tomdog

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Just curious...do you know if fighting is allowed (penalized I am sure if it is) in the PWHL?

TLDR: fighting bad. Fight and it’s a 5 minute major and a game misconduct plus chances of suspension

46.1 Fighting "Fighting" is not part of PWHl's game. Players who willingly participate in a "brawl / fight", so-called "willing combatants", shall be penalized accordingly by the Referee(s) and may be ejected from the game. Further Supplementary Discipline may be imposed. A "fight" shall be deemed to have occurred when at least one (1) player punches or attempts to punch an opponent repeatedly or when two (2) players wrestle in such a manner as to make it difficult for the Linespersons to intervene and separate the combatants. Any player who persists in continuing or attempting to continue a "fight or altercation" after they have been ordered by the Referee to stop, or who resists a Linesperson in the discharge of their duties shall, at the discretion of the Referee, incur at least a Major Penalty (Fighting") plus an automatic Game Misconduct Penalty (5'+GMP) in addition to any additional penalties imposed. The Referees are provided very wide latitude in penalties they may impose under this rule. This is done intentionally to enable them to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the "fight or persisting in continuing the fight". The discretion provided should be exercised rationally.

• Thanks 1

If all the women's games are as good as the game I watched  they should have a good league.

The game I watched had speed, good passing and was competitive. 

Refs called it a little tight, but it was fun.

7 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

TLDR: fighting bad. Fight and it’s a 5 minute major and a game misconduct plus chances of suspension

46.1 Fighting "Fighting" is not part of PWHl's game. Players who willingly participate in a "brawl / fight", so-called "willing combatants", shall be penalized accordingly by the Referee(s) and may be ejected from the game. Further Supplementary Discipline may be imposed. A "fight" shall be deemed to have occurred when at least one (1) player punches or attempts to punch an opponent repeatedly or when two (2) players wrestle in such a manner as to make it difficult for the Linespersons to intervene and separate the combatants. Any player who persists in continuing or attempting to continue a "fight or altercation" after they have been ordered by the Referee to stop, or who resists a Linesperson in the discharge of their duties shall, at the discretion of the Referee, incur at least a Major Penalty (Fighting") plus an automatic Game Misconduct Penalty (5'+GMP) in addition to any additional penalties imposed. The Referees are provided very wide latitude in penalties they may impose under this rule. This is done intentionally to enable them to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the "fight or persisting in continuing the fight". The discretion provided should be exercised rationally.

Pro Wrestling Fighting GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING Season 9 Fight GIF by Friends

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I just don't picture the Ladies dropping the gloves. Unless they're doing some strength training on arms/wrists, I'd think they'd risk injury throwing punches.

I for one am glad they don’t allow fighting. I wish the NHL would eliminate fighting. It’s just stupid. 

Just saw the replay of the turnover that resulted in goal.

Will Zuccarello EVER learn not to try the cross ice pass when he's the last player on the backend? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

I for one am glad they don’t allow fighting. I wish the NHL would eliminate fighting. It’s just stupid. 

The only time I can see fighting being worth it is when  a player goes after the guy cheap shooting him repeatedly with no call from the refs.

If the refs would do their job there should be no reason for fighting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Just saw the replay of the turnover that resulted in goal.

Will Zuccarello EVER learn not to try the cross ice pass when he's the last player on the backend? 

It works in practice !! ;)
If they were crisper then maybe here and there but they're too soft most the time. Same in the O-Zone.

We really only have Kap out  (and Mojo?) but we have no scoring ability and pressure consistently.
Maybe the honeymoon is over with Hynes and they've gone back to old playing O-wise.

"...well, you see, Jesper, it's like this: Yer gonna have to come up with a shut out every night. The boys play hard, but don't capitalize much on their chances and mistakes often mean you are in the crosshairs. Still want the job? You do? Ok, good. Settle in. Gonna be a rough ride to the end of the season. It'll help you grow hair on your chest..."  :ph34r:

• Haha 1