Wild vs Lightning; Thursday 01/18/24; 6:00 PM CT; Amalie Arena

2 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

the wild tankathon looking for lottery pick lookin  legit  Ryan Reynolds Agree GIF by Welcome to Wrexham

Well, as I've said before, if they are gonna "tank", this is the way to do it...organically, without resorting to blatant gimmicks.
As you know, the team simply isn't good enough to hang with the playoff pack as they are, but at the same time, the team doesn't have to sacrifice it's dignity or culture by losing games due to 'not caring'.

Just play out the string, the losses will come, even as they try hard, and the better draft picks will come.....maybe trade off a player or two of value to a contender and see what you can get back in picks or at least an almost NHL ready player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

the wild tankathon looking for lottery pick lookin  legit  Ryan Reynolds Agree GIF by Welcome to Wrexham

Last time we had a top 5 pick was 2005 granted we took Benoit Pouliot when we could of had Carey price, Anze Kopitar, Marc Staal, Rask, Oshie etc. 

• Uggh... 1

Just now, IllaZilla said:

I seriously hope they just sit on Spurgeons money and get ready for next year. They are not a Playoff team. 

I was thinking this same thing myself.
Just because you now have cap room, no need to throw out MORE picks just to get a player that really won't make a difference, even though they may get a good player.

Hole is too deep at this point.

Save that cap, see how players perform from now till season's end, reward those whom you think could benefit the team most, replace others...but yea, I'm with you. No rush to get an 'impact player' that really won't impact.

Interesting to see what BG does...

Just now, bbgarnett said:

they should at least play banker with it

That I don’t have a problem with. But to go and buy a defenseman because they have a “chance” to make the playoffs is just stupid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I was thinking this same thing myself.
Just because you now have cap room, no need to throw out MORE picks just to get a player that really won't make a difference, even though they may get a good player.

Hole is too deep at this point.

Save that cap, see how players perform from now till season's end, reward those whom you think could benefit the team most, replace others...but yea, I'm with you. No rush to get an 'impact player' that really won't impact.

Interesting to see what BG does...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On the bright side in this very dark phase of the Wild season, nice to see Brodin out there doing all the little things the team missed when he was out, and Kap out there as well.

Should make the team at least watchable with those two playing as opposed to sitting on the shelf.

• Like 1