Does Edmonton signing Corey Perry worry you...?

For league minimum like they signed Evander Kane back then this is an awesome move and I'm saying this seriously as a Calgary fan...I mean if they winning 13+ in a row now before trade deadline imagine how good they gonna be after adding more pieces leading up to playoffs? This is good news for Edmonton and bad news for rest of league...

Honestly doesn't concern me at all. He's like 70 years old and in deciding. He might add some grit on the bottom 6, but really not concerned at all

I'm a fan of an east coast team so maybe that is a factor, but i think if the Rangers or Carolina or Boston or someone has signed him I'd have been, "huh. He's still playing?  I wonder what's on Netflix.."

I don't think it's that big a deal. It's a name.

• Like 1

Perry should have been signed by the Oilers before the season start. He's not the sniper he used to be but he has a profile the Oilers are currently lacking. Corey Perry will simply make Corey Perry things on the ice: in front of the net and play his agitator role. Don't count on him in the regular season, he won't be a diffference maker but when the playoffs will come, then he will be the one to step up. He did exactly that with the Stars and then with the Habs.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Math said:

Perry should have been signed by the Oilers before the season start. He's not the sniper he used to be but he has a profile the Oilers are currently lacking. Corey Perry will simply make Corey Perry things on the ice: in front of the net and play his agitator role. Don't count on him in the regular season, he won't be a diffference maker but when the playoffs will come, then he will be the one to step up. He did exactly that with the Stars and then with the Habs.

Exactly he doesn't need to produce he just there to lead the charge and get everyone rilled up during the playoffs and he's good at that no one can deny haha...

• Like 1