Wild vs Coyotes; Tuesday 03/12/24; 7:00 p.m. CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

14 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

WILD WINNN!!!! No questions, it was a difficult game , but we were able to place 4 goals. And we are now 4 points behind Vegas.

I sure hope that Vegas game I’ll be at the 30th will mean something still as far as playoffs go 

• Like 3

I started to look more attentively for Marc-Andre Fleury stats after the last game. So far he played 1017 NHL games (559 wins; 74 SO). In case if we will not make playoffs this season ( 7 teams are pretending for the toughest ever playoffs spot in our Conference), then Marc-Andre Fleury could be a candidate #1 or #2 goalie for the World Championship participation this year for the Canadian team. Why do I have my interest in his participation at the World Championship in case we will not make the playoffs? Because no one in NHL history had entered into a Triple Gold Club among any goalies. Fleury has 1 gold in the Olympic Games and 3 Stanley Cups. He never participated in the World Championships, but he is an active goalie who should participate. I also looked for Martin Brodeur stats. He won 1 gold in World Cup, 2 golds in the Olympic Games; 3 Stanley Cups, but 2 silvers at the World Championships which is not gold. To enter the Triple Gold Club you must have 3 golds (in Olympic Games; Stanley Cup and World Championship). Fleury with a Canadian team has a nice chance to win this title.

They got the two points, but this is against another bottom feeder.  Got to feel for Lucchini trying to stick with the big club to have another goal undone by it being waived off (although rightfully so) because of Lettieri's goaltender interference.  The biggest thing from this one is the injury that had Eriksson Ek leaving the game.  If he's out for even a week or two that will probably be the final nail in this season's coffin.  Not that I'd complain about that...but they have to have him in order to have a chance to win IMO.  

• Like 2

What is the status for Joel Eriksson Ek after his injury last night? Here is info from The Athletic:

"Eriksson Ek injury

Eriksson Ek left early in the third period and headed down the tunnel after a hit against the boards by Bjugstad. He is Minnesota’s most irreplaceable player, as shown in their first-round playoff loss to Dallas last spring. And he is having a career season, especially offensively, with 29 goals. The top line has been buzzing the past month or so, so this would be a big blow. While Eriksson Ek was out, Marco Rossi moved up to the top line to take his place, with Hartman sliding up to the second-line center role. Touted center prospect Marat Khusnutdinov is nearing his debut and could slot in up the middle as well."

I really want to open a bottle of champagne when Eriksson Ek will place his 30th goal this season and celebrate this event. I have been waiting for this for 8 years already. Maybe he will be able to reach 70 points too in the remaining games (so far he has 60 points)? Such a nice player really merits these achievements in his NHL career.

• Like 1