Wild vs Blackhawks; Sunday 04/07/24; 2:30 PM CT; United Center Arena

11 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

All this Bedard talk is so over rated, he isn't even playing as well as Rossi. 

No, but he is the #1 overall pick. And the NHL will do everything under the sun to pimp him. 
And he’s in a bigger TV market than Rossi. Which is all the NHL cares about. Which is why Atlanta is getting yet a third shot at an NHL team and Bettman is moving heaven and earth to keep the Coyotes in Arizona. Bigger markets means more advertising revenue. 

Edited by IllaZilla
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

The Arizona thing just doesn't make sense.

Big market,  yes, but most of the hockey fans are snowbirds or vacationers.

Their attendance proves there isn’t enough support. 

I think Bettman is letting his pride influence his decisions. 

Wild win 4-0!

While I don’t mind the win because it's Wallstedt's first with a shutout, I would have liked to improve our chances for a better draft pick.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

5 hours ago, Tomdog said:

All I want out of this game is for Faber and Rossi to score and Bedard to not.

Rossi did and Faber and Bedard didn't. 41 goals and 89 points for Kaprizov now. Now I have another wish for him to net 9 more goals and 11 more points to reach him 50 goals mark (he never did this) and 100 points for this season. I think he can do it. And no the rest for the team till the rest of the season. They are not merit that. Better would be for them to build a stronger chemistry in remaining games. Wallstedt stayed like a wall for his 1st NHL shutout. I like it. 

I was listening this game on a RadioFM during my long driving home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alexandron said:

As usual I still wish for the win from our team. As well as still I have a wish to see Firstov and Ohgren for their tryouts with a main club.

Good news from Iowa regarding Firstov. In 6 played games this season he has 3 points already(0.5 point per game so far). He was able to place 2 goals (his 1st goal was shorthanded) and he also had 1 assist.  Ohgren in his 2 played games there doesn't have any points yet. 

23 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Rossi did and Faber and Bedard didn't. 41 goals and 89 points for Kaprizov now. Now I have another wish for him to net 9 more goals and 11 more points to reach him 50 goals mark (he never did this) and 100 points for this season. I think he can do it. And no the rest for the team till the rest of the season. They are not merit that. Better would be for them to build a stronger chemistry in remaining games. Wallstedt stayed like a wall for his 1st NHL shutout. I like it. 

I was listening this game on a RadioFM during my long driving home.

I had to listen to the game also on a break and then my drive home for the last 1/2 of the 3rd.
From the sounds of it, The team really laid it out for Wallstedt supporting him.
I'd think he'd get 1 more start on the road trip and maybe split the home game between him and Fleury so fans get to see both.
I think Fleury is coming back 1 more year but you never know. I personally think it would be good for Wallstedt to be around him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I had to listen to the game also on a break and then my drive home for the last 1/2 of the 3rd.
From the sounds of it, The team really laid it out for Wallstedt supporting him.
I'd think he'd get 1 more start on the road trip and maybe split the home game between him and Fleury so fans get to see both.
I think Fleury is coming back 1 more year but you never know. I personally think it would be good for Wallstedt to be around him.

Completely agree. It would be very good for Wallstedt to be around him. He can learn a lot from him.